Avernum 2: Crystal Souls -- Storage?

I'm carrying around all unique items I've found throughout the game, and at least 1 of each named item (like "Shield ring" or such). It's starting to fill up all my inventory slots, so I'm wondering if there's any place I can drop it all off. Is there a home base of sorts?

By the way, there is a limit to how many items can be in one area, and while it's fairly generous it's not impossible to reach it. It shouldn't be an issue unless you're dropping literally hundreds of items in one place, but it's worth keeping in mind.

Does this limit count a stack of, say, 10 healing herbs as 10 items, or as 1?

• 2 weeks later...

The best place to drop items is in the Tower of Magi portal room. It's the central hub of all your travels, so it's the easiest place to access. In my games, the portal room always becomes a huge treasure horde of with piles of unique items everywhere.

When I get worried about reaching the item cap, I start dropping items around the pylons of other cities, so it's all just a second of travel from the tower portal room.