Avadon 1, Path of Blade doesn't work ?

Praxis

Just starting playing and have been tracking how various skills affect the damage to gauge usefulness. I am getting nothing from Path of the blade. I've reloaded multiple times to check.

At level 3(before clicking the plus button to increase the stats) Sevilin is at 6 str, melee training 3 and savage blow 1. His regular swing is 20-60 damage, savage blow is 23-113.

Increasing str to 7 only: swing is 21-63, savage blow 24-119. Works as expected.

Increasing str to 7, melee training to 5: swing 23-69. savage blow 24-119. Melee training seems only to affect plain swings, okay.

Increasing str to 7, savage blow to 3: swing 21-63, savage blow 26-131. Seems like a waste of points but still working as intended.

Increasing str to 7, Path of the blade from 0 to 1: swing 21-63, savage blow 24-119. Nothing ?

Keeping str at 6 path of the blade 1: Perhaps there's some kind of overlap...nope back to 20-60 and 23-113.

Then checked with a bow and dex, still nothing.

Am I missing something ? I am using the mod that allows 4 companions which shouldn't affect it. Torment difficulty, v1.0 for Windows.

Percentage bonuses like the one from Path of the Blade do work as designed, they just aren't factored into your displayed damage estimates. The displayed damage on a weapon is your base damage before any percentage-based bonuses (from skills like Path of the Blade) and penalties (from enemy armour) are applied. The effect of Melee Training is shown because the bonus from that is additive rather than multiplicative.