the drakes and dragons are tough in this game

apolloooo

avernum on normal may have spoiled me. i am level 29 and tried to take down zephryne, she was down to 1/3 HP and to her last guardian, but my i'm out of items, and she wiped me out right after i ran out of resurrection scroll.

playing evernum eftp and crystal souls may have spoiled me. even drakes like zhossa and the one underneath khoth are tough af. in avernum, a level 20-ish party eat drakes for breakfast, max level party destroy dragon with little difficulty.

Yeah, Zephyrine is tough -- probably the toughest fight in the game, even harder than Redbeard. You should probably wait to fight her until just before you start the endgame, so that you have as many resources as possible -- as you've found out, you'll need all the healing and buffing items you can get. Try to keep your party spread out so that Zephyrine can't attack everyone at once, and prioritise killing the guardians so you don't get overwhelmed.