Is there any other way of entering General Greiner's Hideout in G3?

I tried looking for a solution but there doesnt seem to be one. I am playing Geneforge 3 with a Shaper aligned-Agent. You get caught up with a creation battle alpha and no matter what I say to him he wont let me in main camp.

I dont have enough leadership to get through the main camp. I could fight my way through but will that work? There's got to be another way through.

Oh I am sorry man. I just found that. I didnt think I would get it but it did. Thanks for your help. While I am at it, I might as well ask now that Im rolling.

My char is pretty much maxed with stats except I have low leadership (6) and Mechanics (5). I figured I might boost it later. Is there an absolute minimum on those 2 skills to complete the game? That would really help cause otherwise I am just going to boost intelligence and strength and what not even more.

According to Matt P's walkthrough:

Leadership of 10 including points from items. Some conversations will include a leadership option if higher and give more experience than the combat route. 16 is the max for one late game encounter.

Mechanics of up to 20 including points from items if you are a completionist.

What you "should" do in this case is totally subjective. If you don't care about not be able to take advantage of the various alternative options that Leadership and Mechanics sometimes give and don't mind hard fighting, then don't invest in those skills. You can absolutely finish the game without ever using Leadership and Mechanics. There is always a path that relies on brute force.

What you "should" do in this case is totally subjective. If you don't care about not be able to take advantage of the various alternative options that Leadership and Mechanics sometimes give and don't mind hard fighting, then don't invest in those skills. You can absolutely finish the game without ever using Leadership and Mechanics. There is always a path that relies on brute force.

Hey triumph. I need your help. I am at Maker's End and I am reading the faq on gamefaqs for this game. It says to insert a control rod in the control panel. My question is what area or where do I get a control rod at? I dislike his walkthrough as it goes through the areas in a convuluted way.