A2:CS Possible to retake the Abyss from the Empire

Sir Fred

I've got the Windows version of the game (Windows 7) on Steam with no Mods and I got to the Empire Checkpoint at the end of the Scree Pits and selected the option "Leave Peacefully" (As opposed to "Approach and talk to them" which drops your health to about 10% and moves you back a few squares), which let me walk right on by into The Abyss. The Empire really cleaned the place up, no more towns, but they left trees and the road network around. You can get permanently marooned if you go to the Empire wall in the Waterfall Warren from behind though. Since the Empire doesn't have any troops actually in The Abyss, does this mean I effectively retook that area for Avernum simply by pretending the Empire troops weren't there?

Most of the map is leftover from A:EftP with some additions of walls and Empire bases. The areas aren't supposed to be entered so nothing was done for encounters except at the walls. You didn't really retake the areas.

Welcome to Spiderweb Software. Please leave your sanity at the door. All of reality is an illusion. :)