Game completely corrupts its save files over and over?

Stigmund77

Hi, ive been playing Avadon The black Fortress on my android tablet device, and every time ive tried to play through the game (3 times now) my save file always gets corrupted, this removes all items from chests in every area i visit, causes chat error logs and what seem like code loops at random points? Is this still being worked on and fixed? Cheers!

Unfortunately, the Android port of Avadon wasn't done by Spiderweb but was contracted out to a third party who made a bit of a mess of it. It's known to have some bugs and compatibility issues with some devices. There were some updates in an attempt to fix problems after it came out, but at this point further fixes seem unlikely.

Thats a huge shame, however i'll buy it on pc instead i suppose. If spiderweb Software cant do anything about it though im highly disappointed in them, Their telling people this is a working product and selling it under their own name knowing that it is full of bugs, i mean its impossible for me to complete the game. If they have stopped updating this product and continue to sell it as it is then ive lost alot of respect for them.

It might be worth it to contact Spiderweb Software directly at support@spiderwebsoftware.com. SW doesn't want their customers to have these experiences (or to pay for a game twice, if you purchased it on Android already).

The Android port wasn't a total disaster so much as full of compatibility issues on different devices -- I think just because there is such a wide, wide variety. That will probably only get worse as more Android devices come out, the OS gets upgraded, and fewer and fewer players are using the actual environment it was ported for. D'oh :(

Im not sure what is causing all the problems but ive tried it on a few devices as im a bit of a tablet collector :) Ive contacted both the android support section of spiderweb software and the normal spiderweb support so im hoping this can be sorted out with a patch or if need be a refund and maybe a more in-depth description on the Google play store. Having played all the Geneforge series now i am eventually looking foreword to moving onto these different universes.