Tower of Sixus bug?

So, I travelled a lot before actually looking at quests, and I happened to visit the Tower of Sixus before the quest was actually given to me.

Now when I go there, in the room marked as "Statue chamber", where the statue should tell me where Sixus is and open a secret door North of the room , I see nothing except a long table with some tools and a circle on the floor with a rock inside of it.

I don't think I destroyed the statue or anything - the rock made me think that - but hard to say, although I don't remember doing anything "stupid" there either.

Any way to complete the quest?

Have you gotten the quest from Bevan, the mayor of Almaria? Jeff has made quests extremely dependent on following a certain order so that if you skip a step, then you can't get the next one even knowing ahead of time where you need to go.

Welcome to Spiderweb Software. Please leave your sanity at the door. It might still be there when you leave. :)

actually i just completed it even though it was in a less linear way. sixus commits suicide, i did not get to see the secret room in the first tower but completion-wise it doesn't seem to be a problem. so i went to the first tower before getting the quest from bevan, got the quest, went back to tower no.1 to no avail, tried haunted halls and completed the quest with sixus' suicide.

If you can get into the Trapped Halls in the first place, it should be possible to complete the quest without Sixus dying. The trick is you have to find an alternate route to his chambers without fighting his apprentices. But the quest is complete either way, so if you're satisfied, I guess that's that.