Spiderweb Dreams?

Forget it

I saw the geneforge 3 dream thread but I wasn't sure that hijacking that thread was the right thing to do. So I thought I would open this question up: ever had any weird spiderweb-related dreams?

I'll start with the one I had last night, but introduce it with a short context first: long-time spiderweb fan, played Exile games in the 90s, etc. - and well, I was planning on playing Avernum 2: Crystal Souls over Christmas vacation, but with the game getting a little extra polish before release, I didn't have time to play it until recently (though, I did buy it on release day and idled it in Steam for a couple days, hopefully helping with publicity). Last month I did an overpowered cheat-run through the game to feel everything out. Uncouth, but I enjoy getting in touch with the game world in such manner. And now recently, I have been grinding my way through a torment run of the game, so a significant proportion of my freetime the past couple weeks has been spent on Avernum 2.

As such. Last night I had a dream that The Empire was invading my kitchen because I used an illegal variety of oregano on my chicken wings. At first it was really scary but then the empire troops turned into the little army men toys (grey ones at that), and my dog was helping me fight them off by chewing on a few of them. I finished "beating them" by sweeping them into a dustpan and then Prossis-Bok showed up angry that I ruined her plot to have a Vahnatai base in Ypsilanti, and cast quickfire. I was going to stop the quickfire by just closing the kitchen door, but then I woke up.

I saw the geneforge 3 dream thread but I wasn't sure that hijacking that thread was the right thing to do. So I thought I would open this question up: ever had any weird spiderweb-related dreams?

I'll start with the one I had last night, but introduce it with a short context first: long-time spiderweb fan, played Exile games in the 90s, etc. - and well, I was planning on playing Avernum 2: Crystal Souls over Christmas vacation, but with the game getting a little extra polish before release, I didn't have time to play it until recently (though, I did buy it on release day and idled it in Steam for a couple days, hopefully helping with publicity). Last month I did an overpowered cheat-run through the game to feel everything out. Uncouth, but I enjoy getting in touch with the game world in such manner. And now recently, I have been grinding my way through a torment run of the game, so a significant proportion of my freetime the past couple weeks has been spent on Avernum 2.

As such. Last night I had a dream that The Empire was invading my kitchen because I used an illegal variety of oregano on my chicken wings. At first it was really scary but then the empire troops turned into the little army men toys (grey ones at that), and my dog was helping me fight them off by chewing on a few of them. I finished "beating them" by sweeping them into a dustpan and then Prossis-Bok showed up angry that I ruined her plot to have a Vahnatai base in Ypsilanti, and cast quickfire. I was going to stop the quickfire by just closing the kitchen door, but then I woke up.

I am sure Empire wouldn't mind you using oregano with your chicken wings. On other note, wonder if Vahnatai even know what oregano is, i mean. Oregano doesn't grow deep down there, unless the tower of magi has managed to create something similar to oregano from mushrooms.

Let alone why would any Pok of Vahnatai care if you spiced your food up a little, hahaha! :D

I am sure Empire wouldn't mind you using oregano with your chicken wings. On other note, wonder if Vahnatai even know what oregano is, i mean. Oregano doesn't grow deep down there, unless the tower of magi has managed to create something similar to oregano from mushrooms.

surely whether you can find oregano in the caves depends on whether you can find a minegano

I think last night I was beginning to dream something about Formello, but it never really materialized (either that or I can't remember it). FWIW in-game I'm in the middle of assaulting Pyrog's Lair.

I finally got the minegano joke when I typed out those things separately... mine, ore. OH, now it comes together. I'm not sure why Alorael's joke make me think about something else I pondered the other day - if reptiles do so well (well by cave standards) in the caves, why has nobody brought down chickens? Although I guess when your chicken-feed is leftover fungus, it's not like the chicken will taste great either. *edit - oh right, because bats are "chicken of the cave."

I finally got the minegano joke when I typed out those things separately... mine, ore. OH, now it comes together. I'm not sure why Alorael's joke make me think about something else I pondered the other day - if reptiles do so well (well by cave standards) in the caves, why has nobody brought down chickens?

i mean, eggs are a food item available in some places in the new avernum trilogy, so presumably at least some people have, it just doesn't explicitly come up in-game

unless they're lizard eggs

The vahnatai have caves in which they cultivate bats to produce the finest oreguano.

—Alorael, who may be forced to leave his thread. If so, he leaves it satisfied.

After that pun, I am surprised that the rest of the mods did not just do us all a favor and delete your post.

Oh, there was a mod who deleted that post. I replaced the post and deleted her. Then I deleted all her previous posts and her account. Then I deleted your memories of her ever having been here. This is now the only record of her existence.

—Alorael, who would also like to remind you that these boards have always been at war with Eastasia RPG Codex.

if you are that good, then lets talk about setting up a business where you provide those services for a substantial fee. Of course if you are that good it won't do me any good to be your partner in the business since I will have sudden bouts of amnesia and won't be able to find any records when it is time to get my share of the profits.

• 3 weeks later...

i mean, eggs are a food item available in some places in the new avernum trilogy, so presumably at least some people have, it just doesn't explicitly come up in-game

unless they're lizard eggs

That's what I always assumed. Esp since... don't you find eggs in some of the lizard nests? Granted, I think you do in Avadon 2 as well.

Why is titanium poisonous in your pack? To me that makes no sense

I thought it was uranium... Titanium would be even better though, because of its light weight and deflective properties (not only do you get better armor for less encumbrance, but it provides some fire/ice/energy resistance as well! Esp. energy resistance :D