please post pictures of cute rocks

gem helper

Hey! If you have cool or good rocks or crystals or stones or anything else you want to share post them here. Please! The forums need this.

2pocppj.jpg

This is a cube made of shungite that came for me in the mail! I don't know why or how. The cut is actually pretty far off from cubic but it's still a cube in my eyes and I am proud to call this amorphous mineraloid my child.

I have many pet rocks. Most are sitting in a pile on my window sill, and most have names and personalities listed in my infamous Toys, Rocks, Etc. spreadsheet. If I feel like it tomorrow I'll take photos but for now I'm pooped. I've been walking all day at the Boston Flower and Garden Show, and I didn't get a souvenir, but when I got back to the train station there was some confusion in figuring out where my ride was parked, which is good because in the process I found a really nice rock on the tracks! :D So that rock is my souvenir. My mother thinks it was quarried in New Hampshire. Looks like black-green granite with some pinkish stuff on it. I have another similar to it but it has four colors and this has two in a more amusing shape. They're probably siblings since I found that on the tracks at another station.

http://www.almightywebsite.com/img/ByoonifulWock.jpg

This is the Byooniful Wock, the only thing I asked for for Christmas when I was four years old. It's a chunk of granite chipped off someone's tombstone. My mother happened to pass a tombstone shop in New Hampshire one day, and there was a big pile of chunks of granite scraps there with a sign that said "Free", so she grabbed a bunch, wrote "Vincent 1991" on the smooth side in gold ink (you can sorta see it in this photo) of this ~5" piece, and put it in my stocking. I saw the speckled pattern and assumed it was bird seeds, and tossed it aside. :p

So it's my first pet rock, now in the dozens. I sometimes take it to bed. It's nice taking rocks to bed, they absorb my body heat so when I get up in the middle of the night and then go back to bed, it's still warm. :D