A Druid's Duel = Lost Souls?

btomasulo

It's been a while since I played Lost Souls, but when I was watching the TotalBiscuit video on A Druid's Duel, the game looks pretty similar. Turn based, one hit kill combat? Floating islands? Resources gained from terrain capture with bonus capture points? build bridges to access certain terrain bits? Look at this game and tell me it isn't Lost Souls:

At first I thought it was Richard White selling a remake of Lost Souls — because yes, it's basically the same game, with new graphics, a better AI, and more complicated moves. But no, no one at Thoughtshelter Games is named Richard White.

Also, welcome to the forums, leave your sanity at the door, etc.

@Kelandon- That's a shame he's not involved, it was his idea (to the best of my knowledge). And thanks!

@Kozdur- Lost Souls needs to be able to run on a modern OS, but Jeff Vogel has said he hasn't heard from Richard White in years:

I would much rather support Spiderweb and Richard White but I suppose if there's no indication a remaster of Lost Souls will ever be released then it wouldn't hurt to play this one right? Though the 4:3 aspect ratio has me a little worried, PC ports of mobile games sometimes have pretty terrible support. Also I wonder if either Spiderweb or Richard White could sue, the game is ridiculously similar.