Sign in to follow this  
Languorous_Maiar

Items dissapear after some time

It just happened to me. I got those pyrric gauntlets and well, wanted to keep them for time when I will have 90% protection for acid. So i left them around the entrance to Formello. One time I entered it... and puff! Nothing. What's kinda strange, cause loot from dungeons never disappears. Posted it just to warn you.

It just happened to me. I got those pyrric gauntlets and well, wanted to keep them for time when I will have 90% protection for acid. So i left them around the entrance to Formello. One time I entered it... and puff! Nothing. What's kinda strange, cause loot from dungeons never disappears. Posted it just to warn you.

They're radioactive. They decayed.

I hope that's just a fluke. I have all my extra treasure I don't want to sell sitting in messy piles around the Tower of Magi portal and it would suck if it evaporated.

So...items don't persist everywhere (which has been the case in Jeff's games for quite a while)? Only those three towns?

I've stored stuff (sometimes large amounts of it) all over the place and never had any of it disappear.

There used to be a limit of 200 items per town or zone. Dikiyoba thinks it's gone, but Dikiyoba might be misremembering.

FWIW, I left a pile of stuff at the Tower of Magi (right by the portal) for a while, and it seemed safe enough. And for a long time in Jeff's games it's been possible to leave junk lying around pretty much anywhere (aside from random encounters outdoors), which is why I was puzzled by Slarty's comment. Are the Castle / Silver / Olgai just suggestions, or is there some mechanical reason to keep stuff there?

In the Exile version where things disappeared when you left an area, the Castle, Silvar, and Olgai all had a room that would keep items left there. The Avernum remake allowed you to leave things anywhere, but the text remained.