Lobita

Lizard's Lair- How do I get over the lava?

So I'm backtracking now I have Move Mountains and hitting up all those impassible parts of dungeons I missed and I can't quite figure out how to cross this lava:

1365972_1000.jpg

In the old old games, you could just endure horrific agony and walk over the lava, but of course you can't do that anymore. I didn't see any kind of spell that would allow me to cross, either. Tried Move Mountains in that chamber in hopes it would shake that pillar loose and it could form a bridge for my party, but apparently not. It's such a silly thing, but I'm being a completionist, gotta get EVERYTHING. ;) Help?

This is why I miss the True Sight and Far Sight spells in the game's predecessors.

I'm not 100% sure, but I THINK I remember reaching that bit from another angle. Like, there's a secret passage somewhere else - upper left corner, maybe? - which leads you to a small treasure-chamber ad a passage that terminates there... or maybe I'm getting it confused with some other, similar place. Obviously, even if Firewalking WAS in this game, it still wouldn't be possible to reach that place, what with the pillar being in the way and there being no known way to destroy pillars outside of scripted events.

Well, surely someone could just mod in a 'noclip mode' and go check, though... right? :p

Even if you could cross the lava, there's the pillar in the way. No, I'm sure Triumph has it right:

...it's just there to taunt us.

Aw, dang. Completionist self is sad the dark spaces on that map won't be filled in. Thanks for the quick replies though! Time to move on from this stinky lizard filled pit. ^_^

Exile III had the central region of Erika's Tower and an entire Vahnatai-style area in the Dragon caves. Both completely inaccessible.

Exile III had the central region of Erika's Tower and an entire Vahnatai-style area in the Dragon caves. Both completely inaccessible.

Ugh, I remember this. So very frustrating to the elementary-school me.