Ornotha Ziggurat- no, come back!

All was going well(ish) with my assault on Ornotha Ziggurat. I was mostly keeping the strike force alive, and then Garzhad retreated back into the stairwell area. I followed him to keep hitting him into submission, and lo and behold, I'm in the next area. When I return to try to rescue my vahnatai companions, they were gone, leaving the remainder of the Empire army to me.

I'm a little frustrated, because reading the guides from the previous iteration, I find I've just missed several chunks of plot. Looking at the stairs, there's no obvious sign that they're an area to be avoided. Could this perhaps be added to the list of fixes for v. 1.1?

Thanks.

Don't worry, you've actually missed very little. The vahnatai warriors will disappear no matter what you do, and Garzhad doesn't do anything too exciting in that battle (you can't kill him, obviously). You don't even need to kill the remaining Empire soldiers, unless you plan to leave Ornotha Ziggurat without the Crystal Soul and return to finish it up later.

Dikiyoba.