Tower of Elderan bug?

Hi,

I can't seem to get back to the top level of the Tower of Elderan. I went there to kill him, succeeded and then left. Now I have to find the location of the sceptre and I need to get back to the top of the tower in order to come back down the middle section to the desk for the key. The gate on level 4 is shut, no matter which switches and levers I pull on the levels below. What am I doing wrong?

tx

• 2 weeks later...

I have this same bug, and am looking for a solution. Any help would be appreciated.

I found that i had too much loot and left the tower, via the secret passage on the entry floor, to sell and make more room before i fought the boss. I didn't bother to open the gateway on the third floor, and now seem to be stuck. Is there any way around this? Because, i don't have a reasonable save file to go back to. If this bug can't be addressed, then i can't continue the game.

• 2 weeks later...

I have an update on this bug

From Spiderweb on 22 Feb:

Gate In Tower of Elderan Closes Permanently

In v1.0 of Avernum 2, there is a gate on the top floor that can get permanently stuck in the closed position.

This will be fixed in v1.0.1 or later. In the meantime, there is a workaround.

Press Shift-D to bring up the debug window.

Then enter this exact line ...

sdf 102 20 1

The gate will open.