A2:CS Portal Fortress

Hello everybody! I am a long time lurker but now I need your help :)

I'm stuck on portal fortress: I got the onyx scepter, the codewords (Khali, etc) and I read both books in the archives.

However when I go to the control panel in the fortress and click the panels my characters tell them only Khali (to the three of them) and Bestas (to the center one). Then I go to the portal, i break the two blue crystals, and I got a message "If you'd have a great source of energy etc". And then I absolutely don't know what to do.

What am I missing?

• 1 month later...

Oh, I've been to that tower a couple of times. Hmmm. . . thought I had done everything there. Though I didn't kill the demon. . . should I?:

Nope (I mean, you can if you want: the demon drops some treasure and there's no real downside if you've already learned the third level of Dispel Barrier). Ask Pyrn about portals and then check the book in the southwest corner to learn the ritual.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm currently playing Avernum 2 crystal souls and i'm stuck on the third guard post, on the way to the Fortress in question. Although my party is pretty tough, 33+ human warrior slith bezerker nephil priest human wizard, I cannot fight these dang construct the floor triggers the creation of when your trying to get past accrossed the floor. I've already done everything else there is to do.

Entering Spoiler Territory here

I've got the dagger, the barrier ritual, the sceptor, the orb, demon slayer and i've basically made my human warrior unkillable. If I actually find a mob that can hurt him simply drinking one of the many invulnerable potions I've found makes him once again unkillable. He parry's constantly and with the slith Bezerker dual wielding sabers that up his various skill levels, most things die very fast to them. If they don't, or there's just to many, or the annoying string of misses happens, then my wo spell casters lay down the smack. That's pretty much my entire strategy in this game, I've power levels myself in the wrong areas until i roadblocked myself and had to turn back and find the area i was supposed to be in. So for like the entire second half of this game I've been running over mobs left and right. Mass heal and the occasional recovery item uses at key moments in combats has caused me to very rarely even need to reload for hours at a time no matter the amount of combat or the "deadliness" of the encounter.

Despite all of that i cannot kill these damn constructs! I can take the bats but the deep stalker ones just mow me down.

So basically what is the way to get a crossed the trapped floor in the third guard outpost on the way to the portal fortress? I've been to the archives and i even recorded the event so i could look at it again later. I've done so and i just don't understand what the hell the information means or how it relates to navigating this particular building. Its so frustrating because so far the game has rewarded me with extra exp for being that much of a badass as i literally just told things to F off as i say no to this or that. Now it seems like i'm being railroaded into figuring this out. I don't see how my guys can be any more killer. All there is left to do is return the last crystal which i have on me, destroy the portal which i am trying to do, and then portal to Mr soon to be dead demon blooded wizard of the empire.

• 2 weeks later...

OK. This one is driving me crazy. I have the onyx scepter, I have the instructions on closing a portal and I have the three codewords, I cracked the crystals and I am still stuck. I have managed to get one of the control stations to the third code word but nothing happens. Can anyone tell me what to do?

• 3 weeks later...