Sign in to follow this  
Bonam

How does magical efficiency work?

Anyone know the math behind how this skill works? What is the chance to activate per point and how much does it reduce spell cost when activating? Slartibus? :)

I'm not aware of any analysis of it that's been done for A2:CS specifically, but for what it's worth the consensus from A:EftP is that it's not worth it, especially since the pre-requisite Arcane Lore isn't a skill you need much of in the first place (it's more efficient to get by on Sage Lore instead). Spell energy is reasonably plentiful in most situations anyway -- it's pretty rare that you can't easily go back somewhere nearby to rest and recover, and even on Torment I don't find myself making more than two trips to clear out most dungeons unless I'm significantly underlevelled.

I agree it's likely not the most optimal allocation of points. I want to know how it works though!

Apparently I wrote about A:EFTP "Getting to 10 will effectively double your SP reserves". I assume that I did some quick testing to arrive at that figure (and that it is precise and not an estimate). It's possible Jeff changed that around. It's probably more likely that he didn't, though.

I don't know of any retrainers, but you can do it yourself with the editor; you just have to keep track of the points.

are there retrainers in the game?

or alternatively a retrain cheat?

There's a character editor; it's turned off by default, and you have to enable it from the options screen. Once you've done that, you can use Shift-D to bring up the cheat box, and type "editor".