Level Scaling order for regions

10 is kind of on the low side for that point in the game: you can be level 10 before even finishing chapter 1 if you do every quest that's available. I'd probably go back and do anything you haven't done yet around the starting area, clear out as much of Vahnatai lands as you can, maybe deal with the serpent cult near the Tower of Magi, and then head for the Eastern Gallery. It'll be a while before you can actually visit Solberg, though.

I'm in a similar spot. I had the same problem with EFTP. Suddenly the world opens up, but certain areas are clearly meant to be done at different levels. I remember reaching a point about mid game where I could go anywhere in EFTP that I wanted and not worry about difficulty too much, but it had a growing pangs phase just before that with lots of wandering from quest to quest just trying to find ones that I could do so I could level up.

I'm doing torment and the first thing I did post-Vahnatai was the Serpent Cult, with sucked. I fought my way through, (just barely) killed the Drake in the pit and felt awesome about it....only to be disappointed that I couldn't kill the 3 bassilisks in the secret room to get the spell upgrade. Then I went upstairs to the 3 named bosses and assorted minions, whacked one of them, and realized there was no way I'd get through that fight at this point....so reloaded from a previous save and lost like an hour.

So then I strolled up to Meritz (Mertz? Can't recall spelling) and went on the tower of madness honeycomb quest....and again hit a brick wall with a gauntlet of archers who paralyze you on hit.

So finally I just went north and cleared out the Slith Fort from chapter 1, and the ogres, and some other odds and ends, and then did the slave Cat people quest (which was pretty easy, but gives pretty good experience, so I'd recommend that). Now I'm running scattreshot around East Gallery, doing what I can, and things are getting easier.

Torment difficulty definitely needs some more levels before tackling the dungeons.

So I mentioned to Jeff going north to Silvar to buy a boat so I could safely go through the Great Cave doing collection and other non-combat quests. Next beta there was a cavequake and my boat was landlocked. You can still do it by walking and avoiding outdoor combat for a while.

I left Tower of Magii at hard and couldn't do nothing there... so I was going north and every time nothing was beatable. Nor Mertis undeads, nor undeads from boat quest, nor brigands from honeycomb. Then I finally found some dungeon. Nephar Fortress, but there, I was doing complete masaccre on enemies. I'm really wondering where I should go with 14 lvl party, but seems like what Randomizer said. Doing some random mini-quests there and there. I never had such situation in A:eftp, even on torment. Like having in one moment ~20+ quests to do.

As pretty much everyone mentioned, L10 is way too early to be heading to the Great Cave... at least for any combat quests/encounters. One thing I did after returning to the ToM was head up to Silvar & buy a boat. By getting the boat you can take it west & north up to Ft. Dranlon (cheap spells) & then west & south to the landing at the edge of the Scree Pits. From there it is a quick (& generally safe) walk to Gnass, Blosk, Dharmon (activating pylons wherever you find them) & back out through Ft. Emerald (potentially doing the Castle, Almaria, Patrick's Tower triangle as well although there the potential for wandering monsters is much higher). This gives you (in addition to pylon access) a chance to pick up some higher level spells/gear sooner than if you had to fight your way overland to get to those cities. Add in a few of the noncombat quests (greymold salve for Brian for instance) & you could pick up a level or two. After that you'll be in better shape & better equipped to take on the Eastern Gallery.

Too bad about the cavequake; it's an inconvenience but makes zero difference otherwise, as you can just land north of Saffron.

It also makes the layout of Almaria make a lot less sense, storywise. Almaria shouldn't be an important hub for supply and troop movements when there's a huge waterfall and lots of rock separating it from the Dark Lake and Eastern Gallery, yet the game still treats it as a major hub.

Dikiyoba.