Avernum 2: Crystal Souls - Item List by Randomizer (SPOILERS)

You can go back to everywhere in Ornotha Ziggurat except the roof.

Missing from the original item list:

Duelist's gloves: 3% armor, 10% faster fatigue recovery, +2 melee weapons

Drops in Tomb of Delrin-Bok, SE room with lever

That wasn't there the last time I went through so Jeff must have changed it, again. I'm running a new party through the game so I'll check it.

Looks like the special encounter with the soldiers in the Castle walls have a random factor. I failed the first time but the next try was a success.

Edit: Had 17 Strength, 8 Dexterity, and 4 Luck on my singleton.

If there is a random factor, which makes sense, there are also non-random limits to it. At level 20 with no extra points in Str or Dex, I don't seem to ever succeed. (Of course, if you have no extra points in Str or Dex, you likely don't care much about the prize either.)

To anyone wondering about additional reasons to have natural AL instead of Sage Lore, my party has 2 natural AL, 2 Vahnatai Lore and 4x Sage Lore traits, and Wilvron-Bok can't teach me any spells. Unless it's a Vahnatai Lore check, it suggests that these spells may require natural AL.

The AL numbers for the Shrine of Crystal spells maybe 3 lower since that includes a Sage Lore trait in my and Synergy's leveling up to get them.

To anyone wondering about additional reasons to have natural AL instead of Sage Lore, my party has 2 natural AL, 2 Vahnatai Lore and 4x Sage Lore traits, and Wilvron-Bok can't teach me any spells. Unless it's a Vahnatai Lore check, it suggests that these spells may require natural AL.

Yeah, it's been confirmed that Wilvron's spells are a natural arcane lore check.

If there is a random factor, which makes sense, there are also non-random limits to it. At level 20 with no extra points in Str or Dex, I don't seem to ever succeed. (Of course, if you have no extra points in Str or Dex, you likely don't care much about the prize either.)

20 total Str + Dex is enough to win within a few tries. That's level 23 w/no investment plus a belt and dex scimitar, much earlier for any fighter, clearly.

The cheap wine quest can be completed.

I don't know what the limit is, but it's less than 1000.

Unfortunately, the wine you bring to complete it will be counted even if you bring more than is needed to end it. That was a 906 experience, 20,000 gold shipment of wine...

100 wine will complete it, and you get paid for all 100.

You get paid for all the wine in your last delivery, whatever size the delivery is, even if it's over the limit. You can go over the limit, which is almost certainly well below 100. But once you hit it, you can't make any more wine deliveries.

(Thus, unless you delivered those 100 bottles one by one, that's not the limit.)

• 2 weeks later...

I can report that the barrier surrounding the body outside the door to Pyrn's tower actually requires level 4 DB (!), which is of course impossible to get without cheating. :whistle: Not that you could have level 3 (or any level) by that point without cheating anyway.

More to the point, there's nothing on that body.

• 2 weeks later...

You get paid for all the wine in your last delivery, whatever size the delivery is, even if it's over the limit. You can go over the limit, which is almost certainly well below 100. But once you hit it, you can't make any more wine deliveries.

(Thus, unless you delivered those 100 bottles one by one, that's not the limit.)

You also get +1 Reputation for completing it, which the list doesn't mention.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...