Youtube Permission

Kordanor

Hey there,

I was wondering whether there was any statement from Spiderweb / Jeff about doing streams or publishing videos on youtube.

I am planning to do a Let's Play for Avernum 2, but wasn't able to find anything regarding that. I also sent a mail to support@spiderwebsoftware.com a couple of days ago but did not receive any answer yet.

So if you came across any statement about Let's Plays and Streams in the forums, blogs or whereever else I would appreciate if let me know. :)

Do let us know how it goes, or post samples from it here. I've been doing a LP of the whole Spiderweb catalog, and another LPer named Bormac has been going through it as well, and it's always interesting to see how others play the games and what they think of them.

It's interesting. I looked into people who had done LPs of some of their games before, and for the most part... nobody ever played through Geneforge before me (Or tried one of the games in the series but didn't finish, except the first), and I'm not sure if anyone ever completed an Avernum game (Though there were MANY for Escape from the Pit... which makes sense considering the time it came out). Then, I start my Geneforge LP, the first one I do, and 3 days later Bormac starts doing Geneforge. And now you're doing a LP of Avernum 2 (Though I'm wondering if it's the original or the new one).

Lotta interest showing up for Spiderweb Software lately...

Can do so, but it's completely in German. ^^

I did do a let's play before with Avadon 2 which you can find

(didn't think much about asking back then).

As I only play every game once, I doubt I will replay Avadon 1 or Avernum: Escape from a Pit for a let's play. That's also the reason why I play everything on hardest difficulty right away.

I started Geneforge 5 a couple of times but never finished it - so that would still be an option for some time. But it had some mechanics regardings XP gain which I really didn't like.

I started Geneforge 5 a couple of times but never finished it - so that would still be an option for some time. But it had some mechanics regardings XP gain which I really didn't like.

Slight out of topic, what do you think about the GF5 xp gain? Was it too much or too little? I actually find it equalized and enjoyable, or maybe I missed something. Probably the latter.

I didn't have an issue with the amount of xp. But I didn't like that you share the XP with your summons.

So you are in the situation where you benefit from using the least amount of summons. Which seems neither intended nor very fun.

And if I remember right, at the start you got a temporary party member? And of course you also share xp with that member...so again it's best to spent the least amount of time with that member to not "hurt" the main character's xp.

I didn't have an issue with the amount of xp. But I didn't like that you share the XP with your summons.

So you are in the situation where you benefit from using the least amount of summons. Which seems neither intended nor very fun.

And if I remember right, at the start you got a temporary party member? And of course you also share xp with that member...so again it's best to spent the least amount of time with that member to not "hurt" the main character's xp.

The XP penalty for having a completely full squad of creations is only about 40%, and experience awards are scaled based on your level so you won't even get that far behind. I played through Geneforge 4 quite a few times, sometimes solo and sometimes with as many creations as possible, and ended up at level 40-42 on the full-party runs and level 45-47 on the solo runs. Having an army of creations definitely more than makes up for the handful of levels you'll be behind -- and remember, your creations can gain levels too, and their stats will increase even if you never spend any further essence to boost them.