• Announcements

• The hills are bridges

Logging in   05/10/2017

If you had an account and can't log in as of 5/9/17, this may be because of a change in logins with new forum software. You can log in using your publicly displayed name (not your username) or your email address and the password you used before.   If you have problems with this, please ask any of the mods or admins. 
Sign in to follow this  
Abydos

Newbie questions

Abydos   

Just got this for Christmas and have been looking over the forum - have 3 questions-

1- I had no problem putting armor on my Celt Warrior - is this a problem?

2- I have seen a couple of references to Nimble Fingers - this is not listed under Charater Traits

3- I have gone thru the Dragon's Cave gave him the tablet - but I have not found the scale - what have I missed

Thanks in advance for any help.

Triumph   

Welcome to Spiderweb and to a fantastic game!

1. From a gameplay standpoint, the main concern is simply loading someone down with too much weight. Too much weight will make your dude encumbered and limit AP in battle. Other than that, there's no particular gameplay reason you should worry about warriors wearing armor.

2. That's weird. My best guess is that you've run across an artifact from one of Jeff's earlier games that contained "Nimble Fingers." It's not a thing in N:R. Jeff often recycles parts of old games in making new ones, and sometimes a bit of text carries over that isn't valid in the new game (sometimes, it wasn't in old game either, LOL).

3. The grand item list indicates you can find a dragon scale in a northeastern part of the zone where you kill 3 giant slugs.

I hope that helps!

Abydos likes this

Jerakeen   

Keep in mind that many of the threads in this forum are about the original version of Nethergate, rather than Nethergate: Resurrection.

Both Nimble Fingers and the inability of Celts to wear body armor are features of N:O that were not included in N:R.

And the scale is around the back of the building where the dragon's lair is.

Abydos likes this

Abydos   

Thanks for the info - it was just what I needed.

It did cros my mind that part of my confusion was I was mixing up info from 2 different versions of the same game and that some things had simply changed with the updated game.

Thanks again.

Edgwyn   

On Celts and armor, I believe that they cannot wear plate armor (at least I did not figure out how to get them to wear it), but can wear lesser armors.

Curtis   

When I played as Celts I found that metallic armor hindered me more than it helped, even with four or five levels of 'Armor Wearing' skill.

With the Romans this was never an issue.