[GENEFORGE 1] Power Core

So as I was playing the first game walking through the power core I sent in a beefed up Battle Alpha to the dreaded Power Core section of Sucia Isle and I noticed a box at the bottom right corner of the room right before it died. I explored more and found a dead servile body with the key called "Power Master Key". I assumed this meant it could turn off ALL power so I could stop being rapidly hurt but I couldn't find the main power.

Any ideas???

I don't know if anyone said this, but welcome JustifiedGlory! As I understood it, there is no way to stop the damaging effect in the Power Core, unlike areas such as the West Workshop. It may just be a trigger to get some text like,"This was where the key SHOULD'VE went, but two centuries in an environment like this wouldn't do any mechanism good," or some such nonsense.

Like those boxes that have traps and absolutely nothing in them.

Actually, I kinda like that idea, seems more realistic although a bit annoying. It can lure you to cross a deathfield of mines only to find out a broomstick is stored in the box.

That's one of the reasons I love Geneforge 1, it's really unpredictable and the lack of cities in an abandoned place makes it dangerous, no less.