lol broken?

rabbit

I fought the "Presence". Reading the post-combat text left me with the feeling that I had "injured" it, but not destroyed it.

Oh-kay... now what? My quest is intact. When I walk into other areas of the game, I am given a message about the scrying crystal being dark. However, when I go back into the Foundry where I fought the Presence, I get no message. Indicating, to me, a [censored]ing error. Because the crystal should tell me one way or the other, yeah? Well, it's not doing either. It's just... doing nothing. So that's cool.

Then there's the trackpad issues. Imagine if 50% of your clicks were randomly discarded. Yeah.

Also, why not indicate the location of NPCs related to quests? I am to turn a quest in to so-and-so. But I don't remember which area that was in. Perhaps that irritation was intended. I should go. Do something other than waste my time with poorly made trite. I suppose this kind of thing should be expected from someone who doesn't actually enjoy programming, but has continued doing so for 20 years.

You're not trying hard enough to find the presence; look farther, look deeper!

And like all RPGs, if you truly immerse yourself into the world, you would remember the location of the quest giver.

Perhaps you are more used to the style where the game gives you all the hints and helps? :p

But if you really need the help, there are two incomplete walk-throughs available online:

http://jlsgaladriel.livejournal.com/165163.html

http://www.gamefaqs.com/mac/699314-geneforge-saga/faqs/58488

I myself have not tried playing the game with a track pad. I haven't had any problems with a mouse so I suggest using a mouse instead.

If you actually read the text carefully, you'll know who to turn them in, or wherever or whatever happened to the Presence. Jeff should do more games like this, it feels so dark and dank where you don't get spoonfed all the time with all the quests pointed by a psychic-floating map marker in your screen.

Spoilers ahead

Plus, that battle with the servant mind Presence was tough, that idk if my next character will be able to survive it.

Or just use a walkthrough.

Also, why not indicate the location of NPCs related to quests? I am to turn a quest in to so-and-so. But I don't remember which area that was in. Perhaps that irritation was intended. I should go. Do something other than waste my time with poorly made trite. I suppose this kind of thing should be expected from someone who doesn't actually enjoy programming, but has continued doing so for 20 years.

I actually prefer a Journal that allows me to keep track of information I deem important. That way, if I forget to record something, it is on me. I don't want flashing arrows over quest targets with a yellow brick road leading to them. I don't even like a quest log because you end up with quests that are failed and stay there.

If you choose to do something other than playing this, good luck. You gave it a try and it appears it wasn't your ideal experience. This happens. I think Jeff meant for the experience to be more like old school RPGs.