Problem killing Tower Demon

oldetimer

Ok, X is no good. I'm trying to kill the Tower Demon, and I get him maybe 1/5 damaged, and then he heals completely. Damage him again, he heals. It's a no win situation here. I'm on Casual, Maxed Stats, and all my skills are at least 40+. And all X does is stay way back and kill the little guys. I've got the death curse, and the pools are all empty now. Any ideas how to kill this dude?

This fight is totally scripted. As the demon gets to different damage levels things happen.

The pools should refill after a certain number of rounds.

You need to keep damaging the demon and X doesn't do anything important until the demon reaches about 75% damage. Using the sword in the body near the demon helps a melee fighter. I sent one fighter forward to melee and kept the rest back to pick off summoned monsters and swap with the one getting a death curse.

sigh. ok, let's try this again. The basins are not refilling. I drank them on my first visit ages ago, and they are not refilled. You can't use Demonslayer until you wound the demon enough. And I can't seem to without him completely healing, making me start over. Again, I'm maxed on skills and spells, I'm level 64, playing on casual mode, and I just can't seem to do enough damage. My question was (and has not really been answered yet) What can I do, if anything, to damage him enough? It just takes too long, then X blows everything up. Oh, and I'm using Flaming Sword, and Elivri's Bow.

There are two groups of basins, the 3 surrounding X are for removing the death curse and one refills every few rounds. The 2 in a room to the south of X are helpful, but not needed.

I don't remember the demon healing. The only thing I can think of is checking if you need to talk to X before starting the fight once he is in position.

Well, if the basins don't work properly, you can use an Invulnerablity Potion/Elixir to survive the death curse. I'm not sure why he keeps healing himself though. The only time he is supposed to heal himself is when you weaken the demon enough, and then X does his thing. Not sure why the Haakai heals himself at any point except then. You do have the quest to kill the demon from Kelner, and you also talked to X before the battle right?