Is it possible to change the sound effects?

Eclipse

• 2 weeks later...

I as well. With SFML this should be pretty trivial, correct? Looking at docs, it's just a sf::Music object, running openFromFile("snd01.ogg"), and play().

EDIT: i might actually work on this on the windows side. Should be simple enough for me to handle . . .

Edited by sylae
If i'm not mistaken it even seems to handle audio decoding by itself, which is dope as hell because uncompressed waveforms are so last millennium.

• 3 weeks later...

You can use a program like ResHacker to extract them. Here's a zip of ResHacker off my machine if you don't already have a copy of it or something similar.

Here's a horrible HOWTO I threw together. I actually forgot ResHack could swap out resources, you might want to try that first and see how it goes, before running around with a compiler:

33912d59f57f0ec96584543d95482882.png

Edited by sylae
that second pic is a right-click menu on the 1033

Yes. I usually use Rezilla for my resource editing needs, but for exporting resources en masse, Resknife might be better. I think it actually has a mas export function.

Of course, the exported files will still be in the System 7 sound format, so then you'll probably have to convert them to WAV or AIFF.