• Announcements

• voiceless alveolar dative

Logging in   05/10/2017

If you had an account and can't log in as of 5/9/17, this may be because of a change in logins with new forum software. You can log in using your publicly displayed name (not your username) or your email address and the password you used before.   If you have problems with this, please ask any of the mods or admins. 
WLDD

Any leeks about new game?

WLDD   

Hello SW community,

I know that Jeff has been working on rework for Avernum 2 but I wonder if there is any screen shoots and other stuff since I haven't player original Avernum 2 :)

I would be grateful for any information :D

if A:CS is in semi-open beta-test then those testers can't leak anything/much or they won't be testing anything for SW anymore. I think JV is still alpha/beta-testing it by himself if he has started making it.

Indignus   

SkyrimTalesScreen4.jpg

Skyrim leeks are waaaay better than your Vahnatai crop (crap), just take a look at those irresistible stalks growing from the rich plains of Whiterun. Trenton would even vouch for this quality crops.

A short, helpful answer: no. There's been no information released about Avernum 2. As far as screenshots go, it's probably going to look pretty much like Avernum 1, but with some more weird giant fungus and crystals.

—Alorael, who suggests looking at screenshots of the original Avernum 2, then imagining them looking a lot better. That's probably about right.

Jerakeen   

... we will meet interesting new persons and kill some of those.

Congratulations, EE, you made me laugh.

From Jeff's Twitter feed on June 12, 2014:

Cut my finger without noticing. Got a bunch of blood on my game notes. Just gonna leave it there. IT'S GETTING REAL IN HERE. #indiedev

For what it's worth, it is highly unlikely that there will ever be any leaks, in the traditional sense, for any SW games, since the company consists of three people.

A short, helpful answer: no. There's been no information released about Avernum 2. As far as screenshots go, it's probably going to look pretty much like Avernum 1, but with some more weird giant fungus and crystals.

—Alorael, who suggests looking at screenshots of the original Avernum 2, then imagining them looking a lot better. That's probably about right.

The #1 thing to look for in the screenshots, at least by my estimate, are any Slith or Nephil inventory graphics - they'll be the most dramatic thing likely to be showcased in a screenshot.

WLDD   

Can-I-give-my-baby-leeks.jpg

They do look pretty delicious, don't they? I'm not sure they would grow in Vahnatai Lands, though.

Guys stop with this Vahnatai crop crap :D, I was just curious but this is a way to crazy xD

Guys stop with this Vahnatai crop crap :D, I was just curious but this is a way to crazy xD

What did you expect when everyone leaves their sanity at the door?

WLDD   

What did you expect when everyone leaves their sanity at the door?

I did expect something like this: 'Hello dear member of the community, there a lot of stuff about the new game we want show you.

Here is the link to this and that...' :p Seriously.

WLDD   

I posted the only information that has been released. Blood has been spilt. :)

And I am thankful :D

WLDD   

there should be "some" chitrachs (cockroaches) to kill but we'll see.

Nooooo, just no bugs omg... I hate when they spit their poison on me with their double attacks... Just please no more chitrachs xd

orig. Avernum 2 (dunno about Exile 2) had 1 mission (at least) where party needed to squash "few" bugs (chitrachs), in Avernum 3-remake there shouldn't be any chitrachs (but as annooying monsters as chits).

Indignus   

Also, vahnatai graphics. Let's all pray that they do not look anything like the abominations from A4-6.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSvD0FYv96LHYHsG-FSjUA_PxbO_NR1wypI8UE_YOjkSNiGvDajLgSwKOje

TAKE THAT

OUCH MY EYES

Trenton.   

Are there even Leeks in Avernum? I don't recall seeing them. I was pretty sure this was all just one big Skyrim reference