Western rapids quest

txmimi

I'm trying to clean up my quest list and realized I hadn't done Mother Alice's quest to scout out the western rapids. I'm having trouble finding the right place. I thought it was the pair of islands separated by a rock-lined passage. . . a group of nephil are camped on the northern one and an ogre was on the southern one. After killing the ogre, I got a message about viability of that channel for an invading force, but I get no message on the northern island except threats from the nephil. Those stops don't satisfy Mother Alice, however. Where should I be looking?

The Western Rapids quest is indeed in Avernum 5, where you can't find any Fort Remote or Great Cave AFAIK.

The messages needed to complete the quest are gained by defeating the enemy on the peninsulas (ogre/nephils) and then reaching the highest point there. There is also a message gained by traveling between the peninsulas, but I'm unsure if this is required to finish the quest.

And you need to talk to Duaria for a reward, not Mother Alice.