Pining for Blades of Exile

delobe

Hi, I played Blades of Exile way back after getting the demo in macformat magazine. Yet, I still haven't found anything that can replace it. But wow was not expecting 2014 posts. Haven't played in a few years after playing most of the great custom scenarios. Are there any scenarios that compete with the original campaign? I played all the adventurers club etc. btw new to the forum.

It's a little hard to know what to recommend. Have you played the Alcritas scenarios? Stareye? Drizzt? Brett Bixler? TM? Creator?

Similarly, what are you looking for? When you say "the original campaign," I assume you mean Exile? Something large-sized an plot-heavy is probably right, but there are a bunch of scenarios that fit the bill.

There are nearly 300 Scenairos you can download and a great many will satisfy your request. Kelandon has listed several of the better known and respected Authors. If you are seriously interested in playing these Scenarios for any length of time, "True Site for Blades" is undoubtedly the right place to download not only ALL the Scenarios, but peripheral items, too. Not only will you find all the Scenarios, but also a great variety of graphics of NPC's, miscellaneous Items and links to other sites, including Reviews of many Scenarios. This is probably the best way to determine which Scenarios you might want to play.

With the updated, "Classic" version of the overall program, access to the Editor gives you the ability to find ALL the information about a Scenario. This allows you to find what you cannot find under 'normal' playing conditions, AND to determine whether a "Problem" you're having is yours, or if there is a "Flaw" in the Editing of the Scenario.

(Note: Most Scenarios work just fine, but you should know that there are some that are "Flawed" and cannot be played. Repairing those and making "Walk-Throughs" is what I've decided to make as my 'Hobby' in my retirement years.)

Lastly, if you seriously like playing these Scenarios and expect to do so for some time to come, I'd recommend you create a new Folder and download all the Scenarios and peripherals into it. Then have at it! And... remember that there are still quite a few people out here that are stil around and quite probably will be for a long time.

me