Ganduv's New and Improved G5 Editor v.1.0.2

Ganduv

***Before using this editor, you need to BACK UP your Geneforge 5 SCRIPTS folder before you replace any of the original files with mine.***

***Also, this editor is not supported by Spiderweb Software and if you decide to use this editor you are doing so at your own risk.***

*INSTRUCTIONS*

1. Right click on the file links provided in the spoilers, click on 'save link as' and make sure the file is saved as a .txt file.
  2. After you save the files for the editor, go to your Geneforge 5 SCRIPTS folder, and replace the gf5itemschars, z0pacificdlg, and z1Tminahdlg text files with mine.
  3. Then launch Geneforge 5, and to use the first part of the editor go interact with the Pacification Pylon's crystal spire in the Pacification Fields, and to use the second part interact with the first sign you see after you enter Minallah from the Pacification Fields.

*****Remember, BACK UP YOUR ENTIRE SCRIPTS FOLDER BEFORE YOU ATTEMPT ANY OF THIS, especially if you aren't particularly skilled with altering files.*****

That all being said, enjoy!

V1.0.2 files

gf5itemschars file download

z0pacificdlg file download

z1Tminahdlg file download

New Features/Changes

• V1.0.2 Changes
  • The power spiral used for the first part of the editor in the Pacification Fields is now solely for increasing skills, spells, shaping abilities, and gaining experiece.
  • The sign in Minallah is now used for gear and item creation. I will expand the variety of items it can create such as charms and other items in the future.

• V1.0.1 Changes
  • Options to individually max out strength, dexterity, intelligence, endurance, leadership, or mechanics skills
  • Options to create individual special items, like crystalline fibers or purifying elixir
  • Options to create individual magic anvil enhancement items
  • The custom items have had some of their bonuses decreased to make them slightly less overpowered

Nice work Ganduv, shouldn't the mods sticky this thread or link it on the resources part?

-----

P.S. To new members who don't know what, where and how to use this editor, the first part is on the crystal spire on The Foundry that connects to the pylon. The second one is on the first sign you see on when entering Minallah from The Foundry. <----- (You should also add these)

-----

-Nightwatcher

They'll probably put a link for it in the Strategy Central or something when they get around to it.

By the way, thanks for the reminder to include how to use the parts of the editor in-game, it slipped my mind to include that when I originally typed up the post.

Also, if anyone has any suggestions for something you'd like added in the editor feel free to let me know. I've been thinking about expanding the editor into a third zone but I'm not sure what I'd use it for yet.

• 1 year later...

I just checked the links and all three of them work fine for me. I don't know what to tell you. When you say it doesn't do anything, what exactly do you mean? Do you not even get the option to save the link, or do you get the option but it doesn't work for some reason?

I just checked the links and all three of them work fine for me. I don't know what to tell you. When you say it doesn't do anything, what exactly do you mean? Do you not even get the option to save the link, or do you get the option but it doesn't work for some reason?

I get the option to save link in chrome, incognito or not, but no dialog box shows up where to save.

Edit:

Or Chrome just sucks.

Edit#2

The link is way old, downloaded it from Mozzila, IE, and Chrome, either I was way too late.

Edited by Vanceros

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...