Avadon 2: Screen turns weird colors when loading

tolkienfan37

I've been playing Avadon 2 v. 1.0.1 for a while, and when I went into my MacBook Pro tonight to play, it freaked out... I tried both the icon in Applications and the shortcut in my games folder, and I get the resolution choice screen fine. Then, when it loads, the screen turns colors and the main screen to enter the game is all pixelated blue and magenta. When I load a saved game, the cut screens come up normal (e.g., Redbeard outside Avadon, etc.), but when the saved game opens, it's all pixelated like the start.

To my knowledge, I've not changed anything recently. I downloaded a Mac update a couple days ago, but don't remember now what it was for.

My computer is a MacBook Pro running V 10.8.5; 2.2GHz Intel Core i7 with a 17" display at 1900 x 1200, Intel HD Graphics 3000 512 MB graphics and plenty of memory and storage.

Any help would be appreciated, since I can't play the game looking like it is--it sort of looks like a film negative.

Thanks!