Sign in to follow this  
Pig Catapult

Crashing Bug

Specifically, some scenario-start-scene-setting picture montages cause the window to go white and the program to stop responding while eating up to 50% of my CPU. I know this happens with Backwater Calls and Dilecia, but the ones for the four default scenarios work just fine.

Is this at all fixable?

I've been having other bugs, too, like the game sometimes crashing without going white during cutscenes where the characters talk by floating over their heads if another program is playing audio, occasional severe lag in large battles while the computer is doing the enemies' turns (It stops, my cursor does the "waiting" animation for several seconds, then the game resumes at the start of my turn, the enemies' turns all handled), and, a couple times, parts of the UI just not responding at all.

I'm running Windows 7.

Bugs that bad should be a problem with your computer not the BoA game itself.

BoA is Windows XP or whatever. You might able to use a Compatibility Mode in Windows 7, this will enable you to run programs from earlier versions of Windows.

I'm running Windows 7 (64-bit) and play BoA with Windows XP (Service Pack 2) compatability mode and it works fine.

"Specifically, some scenario-start-scene-setting picture montages cause the window to go white and the program to stop responding while eating up to 50% of my CPU. I know this happens with Backwater Calls and Dilecia, but the ones for the four default scenarios work just fine."

A quick fix is to replace graphics that cause crashes with those that don't, find replacments from the official four scenarios. You can always look at the proper scenario graphics with a graphics program.

Blades isn't working for me anymore. :(

I don't think I've altered anything recently, so it must be something new with Windows 7 or my graphics card.

Did you change your operating system before it stopped working?

You get regular updates on Windows, that may be a cause of it.

Did you change your operating system before it stopped working?

You get regular updates on Windows, that may be a cause of it.

Okay, I figured it out. It was an Avast! update that added some features. Turning off "Deep Clean" or whatever it's called fixed the problem.

True, avast was getting on my nerves as well although I wasn't sure what I did to kill my problem. :)