First Miranda Fight

Mosquito---Slayer

I did it on torment so it is possible, but you need to have at least two characters using battle potions to help heal so you can concentrate on doing damage. You may still need to use healing potions, but you will be less likely to die if dazed.

Also try using lightning scrolls and wands of ice as area attacks along with fire and ice cone attack scarabs. The idea is to do damage to as many monsters per round with overlapping area effects.

The fight or fights in that area was my way of exit from Avadon 2 and the entrance to Avadon being the hardest series Jeff made. While Avadon 1 was easy, Avadon 2 lacks any real defense for mitigating damage. Avernum remake was medium difficulty as far as series go and Geneforge was easy with a singleton guardian or agent.

I dont understand this game's fight mechanics and they are pure luck based in that fight. You just got to hope you don't lose 1 character from getting poorly targeted. When you move away from an enemy you can't go anywhere like in Avernum and Geneforge games forcing half of the builds to be [censored].

Avadon 2 lacks any real defense for mitigating damage.

That's not really true. You just have to do something a little more complicated than in Avadon 1 (pump Dexterity forever!!). A high-Dexterity, high-Endurance Blademaster with decent parry/evasion skills/items will generally survive most kinds of damage pretty well. For reasons I'm not entirely clear on, my Sorcerer ended up able to absorb virtually all magical/elemental damage with almost no hit point loss.

In this fight, I struggled quite a lot, but big area of effect and cone spells/abilities helped to keep from getting swarmed. I don't think I used significant items much, if at all, but I did eat some food, I think, to heal some damage while doing attacks.

And you can always turn the difficulty down.

I have to say, this was probably my favorite fight in the whole game. The key, I think, is not to pay too much attention to Miranda, just try to keep the mobs down. But what really cracked me up was realizing that the winds were also sweeping up everything that wasn't nailed down, so you end up back in the meeting hall in a big pile of potted plants and bags of coal.

There are certainly some fights where luck will determine the outcome (please direct your mental attack at my turret, thanks), but I've never gotten really stuck on a main line quest. Which means that there is usually the option of coming back later.

Oh, and yeah, #$@*/ rats.

A sorcerer/sorceress has Focus Mastery that at the highest levels absorbs magical damage and uses it to reduce ability cool down times. Only Vardegras does sufficient damage to still have enough to penetrate.

A tinkermage is the only class that can increase evasion. A blademaster gets parry that is almost as good.

Parry is probably better, honestly; evasion is always iffy in Avadon 2, and there are some enemies that will basically just hit you all the time unless you parry their attacks.

Well aren't there any parry items that give that effect early in the game? I don't remember there being parry for all classes like in Avernum.

Shields and one scarab give decent parry, but most other decent parry items are only for a blademaster.

and damage wise poles deal more damage than swords, atm only my main Tinker has shield (shocktroop shield) cause she has nice sword (Tinker shortblade), other melee fighters have different kind of poles (Shadow has own class pole and Blade has rune-edged pole and 2nd Tinker has Iron gleaive).