3rd Attempt to get through 2nd act

mynameismudd

I thought of using a Melee Blademaster npc, my character which is a single class shooter tinker mage who gets lots of dexterity and the last I am confused on. I don't like Shamans or any spell caster in this game. Without the dexterity thing in 1st game its too frustrating to keep them alive. Could I sub in a shadowalker who uses ranged weapons or would that be extreme.

This game is insanely hard. I am hoping that this works out.

So a Blademaster (melee), Tinker (ranged no turrets) and Shadowalker (razordisks) wont be able to complete the game?

I haven't found a use for turrets in case you don't know. Summoning them is a waste of a round which could be used to deal damage. On top of that, the razor disk attack turrets never hit. I usually use them at level 6 and on. What is the point of bringing things closer when you waste rounds doing that. If you use missiles you don't need to. Maybe the tinkermage class just sucks. They are already a weak shadowalker and blade master with melee and the shadowalker and blade master are still better at ranged combat. I know, lets summon a clock master which shoots needles and scares people on halloween!

Wow, what a post!

So a Blademaster (melee), Tinker (ranged no turrets) and Shadowalker (razordisks) wont be able to complete the game?

I don't know how you came to that conclusion, since none one mentioned it before you. Give your Tinkermage a healing item.

I haven't found a use for turrets in case you don't know.

You're right, since most players come to the conclusion that turrets exist to deal damage and take hits from enemies.

Summoning them is a waste of a round which could be used to deal damage.

You could try summoning them before clicking the combat icon. Or using blessings like haste or battle frenzy.

On top of that, the razor disk attack turrets never hit. I usually use them at level 6 and on.

Don't know what you mean. Maybe you tried them at a very low level and they can't hit? Try them after investing some more points.

What is the point of bringing things closer when you waste rounds doing that. If you use missiles you don't need to.

In order to strengthen your party. Do you not cast blessings? Curses?

Maybe the tinkermage class just sucks. They are already a weak shadowalker and blade master with melee and the shadowalker and blade master are still better at ranged combat. I know, lets summon a clock master which shoots needles and scares people on halloween!

Or maybe you don't realize the strengths of the Tinkermage. It gets Tool Use, melee and ranged skills for little investment, and 2 turrets at a time, which you don't seem to have learned to appreciate yet.

I would say play with your favorite characters, but don't dismiss a class that you haven't learned to use yet.

I struggled a bit with keeping my characters alive at the start. As a result, I gave my characters more endurance than normal, which has the dual benefit of increasing health and vitality. Since Dexterity is no longer overpowered, I mostly ignored it since I like melee combat instead. With the healing scarab (which can be purchased) for the TinkerMage, their survivability goes up considerably. As to the party that you mention (Blademaster, Tinkermage without turrets and Shadowwalker), it may be doable at a lower difficulty level, but you are giving up all area of effect attacks in exchange for dex based missile attacks which are not as powerful in Avadon 2 as they were in Avadon 1. A dex based Tinkermage without turrets is probably on par with the fact that I played Avadon 1 (twice) with a strength/melee based shadowwalker, doable, but not a good idea.

The Tinkermage class is different from the standard character classes and requires some practice to get used to. When I first started playing Avadon 2, I found the concept innovative, but as I do not like summoning, I figured that I would not like it. As I went through the game and started to figure out when to use the different type turrets, saw lots of enemy attacks go against turrets instead of my precious skin, and started killing enemies with turrets, it was easy to see that the Tinkermage with turrets is the exploit of Avadon 2.

The Tinkermage class is different from the standard character classes and requires some practice to get used to. When I first started playing Avadon 2, I found the concept innovative, but as I do not like summoning, I figured that I would not like it. As I went through the game and started to figure out when to use the different type turrets, saw lots of enemy attacks go against turrets instead of my precious skin, and started killing enemies with turrets, it was easy to see that the Tinkermage with turrets is the exploit of Avadon 2.

I have to agree with this, I got the frost turret as soon as I could, and got through almost half the game so far thanks to that and the Snare turret. Sure, it might not shoot on the first turn when its summoned, but the damage turrets can put out and the fact they can act as tanks can keep you alive against enemies that are much stronger than you.

Also hi I dont even remember when I was last on the forums.

Well, at least one of these problems has an obvious solution: you can often summon turrets before combat. Your sight range is generally greater than the range at which combat will begin, so if you see tough enemies (or if you try to fight an enemy, get killed, and have to approach it again) you can summon a turret or two and then lure said enemies into combat. Also, a lot of boss and sub-boss encounters require you to initiate combat by talking to the enemy in question beforehand. This is an excellent time to summon turrets and use any buffs you want to. This goes for shaman summons and wands of calling as well, and is pretty much required if you want to do well with summoning characters on the higher difficulty levels.

Also, a lot of boss and sub-boss encounters require you to initiate combat by talking to the enemy in question beforehand. This is an excellent time to summon turrets and use any buffs you want to. This goes for shaman summons and wands of calling as well, and is pretty much required if you want to do well with summoning characters on the higher difficulty levels.

Agreed, but be careful of timing. Summoned allies and blessings only last a couple turns, and moving too far counts as taking a turn whether you're in combat or not, so I'd suggest keeping that in mind. (I personally prefer to wait till the start of combat and risk taking damage for a turn or two... but that's just me.)

Agreed, but be careful of timing. Summoned allies and blessings only last a couple turns, and moving too far counts as taking a turn whether you're in combat or not, so I'd suggest keeping that in mind. (I personally prefer to wait till the start of combat and risk taking damage for a turn or two... but that's just me.)

It depends. Summoned allies generally last 10 turns, which gives plenty of time to move around and find an optimal position. I'm mostly with you on buffs, though, especially in the early game, before one has access to much +blessing/curse equipment. Using one party buff (I favor triumphant roar/call of the frenzy) before enemies start tearing you apart can be very helpful on higher difficulties, but use more than that before battle and none of them will last more than a few turns.