Sorcerer suggestions

crpgnut

Okay, I'm just playing on normal, but how do I maximize my sorcerer build? I love using all the spells and want to specialize on the left branch, but maybe that's a terrible idea. I know Randomizer and Lilith and others have mastered Jeff's games, so I want to know how to build an awesome spell flinger. I'll probably take the other sorcerer too, so suggestions on party disposition are fine too, if you think that's a terrible idea. I generally put up with combat so that I can watch the story unfold.

Curious about the forums too. I've been playing Vogel games since Exile 1, but show a join date of 2002. Exile came out before that, didn't it?

If you want to play with 2 sorcs, you will be missing out on some tanking or healing. I would recommend using only 1.

Max Firebolt, Ward Mastery, Daze, Lightning Wind, Focus Mastery, and Ice Storm. You can put the rest in Searing Spray, and Unlock Charm if you need this character to be your unlocker.

Specialization in the middle column will add survivability but the left will give more damage and is probably better for normal difficulty.

But I would choose a Shadowwalker or Tinkermage for main character because they are stronger.

I don't see the need for a mathed-out END build on Sorceror. I've played both A1 and A2 primarily as Sorceror and I don't see a need for more than a few points in END, if any. A low-endurance Sorceror presents little problem as long as you're spatially aware on the battlefield - keep a healthy stock of healing potions/healing scarab, and keep Teleport handy, and don't forget about Blade Shield -- it's a very potent ability even if you never raise it past level 1. 50% riposte + 30% damage reduction all types + Reflection is considerable, and it lasts like the Energizer Bunny.

I've played a lot of A2 so far with a party of 2 Sorcerors & 1 Tinkermage, the Sorcs totally maxed out on INT. (Tm also maxed out on left and middle side skills, and maxed out DEX, which makes him a major damage-dealer with his ranged weapon and especially with Grenade. Rare is the fight where a Turret of higher order than Razorflinger counts for more than Grenade and his Chain spells).

And I've found that maxing out the Sorceror's first three tiers gives you more bang for your buck than building in Searing Spray - Tinkermage's Grenade gives the same effect, as does the Corruption scarab. And speaking of scarabs: Icy Lance and Dark Bolt pack an excellent wallop when employed by your Sorcerors (though Icy Lance is ineffectual if any other class uses it).

Edited by eaintree

eaintree, the END isn't for hit points/health. It's so I can spam spells all day long :) The higher the END, the higher the Vitality. I haven't found Vitality potions to be all that common, though they're not super rare either. This is my one, and likely only, playthrough of the game though. Jeff's games make my eyes bleed, so I'm only good for one shot at them. Fortunately, he makes so many games that playing them once apiece still keeps me playing them fairly often ;)