Nikki

*i

Without question, an excellent choice.

I have a question.

Will there be crumpets with the inevitable tea brought by our new colonial governor?

—Alorael, who has actually eaten his first crumpet sometime in the last year. He wasn't quite sure what they were, but the real thing didn't disappoint.

With a Brit as a global moderator, and an Aussie leading the spam wars, it looks like the Commonwealth is trying to take over. We need to make sure there is not a Canadian mod as well or they might invade us.

Too late, we've got you surrounded. Bwahahahaha.

Congrats, Nikki!

"Look at me, I can't even be bothered to write my own message! I am truly the more optimal spammer!"
Edited by Triumph
The fact that the originator of the above quote is now a global mod is truly a great day for Spiderweb, for Spam, and for teh interwebz in general.

Out of the night that covers we

Black as the pit from pole to pole,

We thank whatever gods may be

For his unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance

He has not winced nor cried aloud.

Under the bludgeonings of chance

His head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears

Looms but the Horror of the shade,

And yet the menace of the years

Finds and shall find him unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,

How charged with punishments the scroll,

He is the master of our fate:

He is the captain of our souls.

—Alorael, who has actually eaten his first crumpet sometime in the last year. He wasn't quite sure what they were, but the real thing didn't disappoint.

Are they hard to get in the US? Whenever I've spoken to people in America about crumpets, nobody seems to have a clue.

Anyway, thanks everybody. First order of business: There will be a substantial reward for the one who finds the "Millennium Falcon". You are free to use any methods necessary, but I want them alive. No disintegrations.

Out of the night that covers we

Black as the pit from pole to pole,

We thank whatever gods may be

For his unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance

He has not winced nor cried aloud.

Under the bludgeonings of chance

His head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears

Looms but the Horror of the shade,

And yet the menace of the years

Finds and shall find him unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,

How charged with punishments the scroll,

He is the master of our fate:

He is the captain of our souls.

I'll have my Vindictus on you!!!

Plus, I congratulate Nikki for becoming a moderator on this day of Vth of November...

-----

-The Fifth of November

Edited by The Fifth of November

Are they hard to get in the US? Whenever I've spoken to people in America about crumpets, nobody seems to have a clue.

In America, they're usually called English muffins. Everyone in America knows what an English muffin in, even if they don't realize it's also a crumpet.

Upon further investigation it seems that I also need to acquire Scottish crumpets in order to fully understand the delicacy.

—Alorael, who was a bit surprised by English muffins being muffins there. Perhaps cookies should be renamed English biscuits for clarity. Savory English biscuits can be called American biscuits for parity.

Upon further investigation it seems that I also need to acquire Scottish crumpets in order to fully understand the delicacy.

—Alorael, who was a bit surprised by English muffins being muffins there. Perhaps cookies should be renamed English biscuits for clarity. Savory English biscuits can be called American biscuits for parity.

How about Scottish pies and French and Ozzie Wine to boot? :)