Favorite game of the 2nd Trilogy?

masterporky

all Avernum-games start as nobody-party but soon (or really soon in A5's case) party will become world savior.

Yeah, pretty much. You're certainly no one of any great import at the beginning of A6, nor do you become so until about halfway through the game when Levitt starts giving you assignments.

I'm fondest of six, then five, then four. I'm generally fonder of the later Geneforge games than either Avernum trilogy, though.

Avernum 4, its the only one I have played/own in this Trilogy.

That's too bad. I am currently loving Avernum 4 right now and I didn't know that 5 and 6 weren't that good. I like the old-school feel to the leveling system. Its very much like the infinity engine games where you increase a lot of stuff at beginning and then slowly make changes as time goes along. If you don't mind, what didn't you like about the sequels to 4? I am having a blast with this game; the writing is superb.

I like the old-school feel to the leveling system. Its very much like the infinity engine games where you increase a lot of stuff at beginning and then slowly make changes as time goes along.

The leveling systems in 5 and 6 are nearly identical to the one in 4. Some of the effects of individual skills get modified for balance reasons, but the basic system is the same.