The Bloodstained Sky: A Virtual Tabletop RPG Campaign

Lilith

hi i'm probably going to oversleep tomorrow morning again so this is your 33-hour warning for next session! get hype

webstart link is here as usual -- open that up, File -> Connect to Server, server name The Bloodstained Sky with password aimhack and bob's your uncle

as usual, check your maptool settings to make sure you have smileys turned off and tooltips for inline rolls turned on

man i am so good at giving out routine instructions in a polite yet authoritative tone. i should be a flight attendant

I really hate to be a massive flake but I'm not sure I can make it tonight. I came down with an icky bug yesterday and hoped I'd get better, but if anything I seem worse today.

I've called in sick to work so I'm going to spend the day in bed. Hopefully I'll feel somewhat better later, but obviously I can't say for sure.

Sorry, guys. :(

Welp.

The good news is, Sarachim can make it after all. The bad news is, Sylae now has a thing on and had to cancel, so we need a sub anyway. Is anyone else willing to be an emergency sub? If not... I don't want to run a session one player down, but I also don't want to cancel a session with 12 hours' notice. I'm inclined to continue with the session anyway.

okay neither sylae nor sarachim showed up and nikki's still violently ill, so the session is officially postponed

calendar for next session 5 attempt: http://whenisgood.net/9fkwdq3

please fill in the days when you can attend. please don't fill in the days when you can't attend

Sylae, best days for everyone else are your Wednesday Nov 13th or Friday Nov 15th at the usual time. If you can't do those, the next available date is Wednesday Nov 20th. Let me know which of those days you're free and we'll schedule the session for the first available one.

Level! (changes in red)

Bekora Tiquo Human Mechanic

XP: 11 (Advancement 2)

Wounds: 0

Fatigue: 0

Power Points: 10/10 +10

[spoileralt=Skills and Derivatives]

Agility: d8

Smarts: d10

Spirit: d4

Strength: d4

Vigor: d4

Investigation: d10

Knowledge (Engineering): d10

Knowledge (Geography): d8

Notice: d8

Repair: d10

Riding: d8

Shooting: d8

Streetwise: d6

Parry: 2

Toughness: 4

Charisma: +0

Pace: 5

Arcane Background (Magic): 10 PP, 3 powers Added Edge

MacGyver: May improvise temporary gadgets

Scholar: +2 to two diffrent Knowledge skills

Steady Hands: Ignore unstable platform penalty; Running penalty reduced to -1

Elderly: Pace –1, –1 to Strength and Vigor die types; +5 skill points for any skill linked to Smarts

Loyal: Bekora tries to never betray or disappoint ger friends

Stubborn: Bekora always wants her way

[/spoileralt]

[spoileralt=Gear]

Horse

Crowbar

Hammer

20 yards of rope

Iron spikes (10)

Shortbow

Quiver

Barbed arrows (17)

[/spoileralt]

[spoileralt=Spells]

[spoileralt=Chain Lightning (custom power, based loosely on Bolt)]

Power Points: 3

Range: 12/24/48 (+special)

Duration: Instant

Trappings: Electrical arc

An electric current originates from the caster and passes through a series of enemies. A normal success hits two targets, which must be within 4 units of each other; each raise adds another target, which must be within 4 units of the previous target. All targets take 2d6 damage, and Chain Lightning ignores up to 2 points of Armour.

[/spoileralt]

[spoileralt=Summon Elemental (Summon Ally)]

Power Points: 3+

Range: Smarts

Duration: 3 (1 PP/round maintenance after duration expires)

Trappings: Creates an elemental servant under the control of the caster.

[spoileralt=Lightning Wisp (Novice Rank lightning elemental)]

Attributes: Agility d12, Smarts d4, Spirit d8, Strength d4, Vigor d4

Pace: 10, Parry: 6(+2), Toughness: 4

Skills: Fighting d8

Special Abilities

Elemental: Having no discernible body parts, the lightning wisp normally suffers no additional damage from called shots. It is also immune to fear, intimidation, disease and poison.

Assault and Battery: The lightning wisp can batter itself against enemies to shock them. Treat this as a natural weapon inflicting Str+d4 damage. Anything that strikes the wisp with an unarmed attack, makes a successful grapple attempt, or otherwise touches it with an unprotected body part also automatically takes damage as if struck by this attack.

Hover: The lightning wisp levitates several feet above surfaces and is therefore unaffected by most terrain. It can also hover across any gap that it can cover in a single turn's movement.

Capacitance: The lightning wisp is animated by electrical energy. A very powerful shock can short it out, but lesser currents only energise it. It effectively has Improved Arcane Resistance against electrical attacks (+4 Toughness and +4 bonus to opposed rolls). In addition, any electrical damage that fails to inflict at least a Shaken result on the elemental will cause it to recover from Shaken status if it was already Shaken.

Small (Size -2): The lightning wisp is a pulsating orb that grows no more than one foot in diameter. All attacks against it suffer a -2 penalty, giving it an effective Parry of 8 against melee attacks and meaning that missile attacks must roll a 6 or better to hit at short range.

[/spoileralt]

[/spoileralt]

[spoileralt=Charge (Smite, modified with increased range and PP cost)]

Power Points: 3 per target

Trappings: Charges a weapon with electricity

Increases the target weapon's damage by +2, or +4 with a raise. May affect up to five targets.

[/spoileralt]

[/spoileralt]

Spells +3

ding

Bumped Shooting to d10 and filled up my quiver assuming Isky's okay with that.

Jered

Human

Audacious Hunter

XP: 11

Smarts: d8

Spirit: d6

Strength: d6

Vigor: d6

Shooting: d10

Stealth: d8

Survival: d8

Tracking: d8

Healing: d6

Notice: d6

Climbing: d4

Fighting: d4

Swimming: d4

Parry: 4

Toughness: 6 (5 base, 1 armour)

Charisma: -2 (+0 vs humans)

Pace: 6

Edges:

Woodsman

Alertness

Hindrances:

Curious

Illiterate

Outsider

Gear:

Dagger

Bow

Leather armour

Quiver

Barbed arrows (20)

20 yards of rope

3 silver coins

Backstory/Personality:

A lanky human barely out of his teens, Jered is a hunter who spends his time wandering the uncivilized patches of Eressos searching for game. His visits to Port Jynt and the island's other villages for trade are brief. The townsfolk view him with disdain and suspicion. He's not only a human, but a boorish, uncivilized one at that. For his part, Jered has little regard for the niceties of society, and is more than happy to trade the narrow streets for the wide open sky.

Those willing to put up with him find him frank and carefree, albeit rash. But his insatiable wanderlust means he's never among company for long. It would have to take some momentous event for that to change.

EDIT: Everyone else is saying 11 XP so I'm assuming they're right and I'm wrong.

Leila takes a moment to do some intensive research.

Experience: 11 (Nocive)

Agility: d6

Riding: d6

Stealth: d4

Spellcasting: d8

Investigation: d6

Knowledge (Arcane): d8

Spirit: d8

Persuasion: d8

Pace: 6"

Parry: 5

Toughness: 5

Charisma: 2

Edges:

Arcane Background (Magic)

Necromancer

Attractive

I did not get the PM notification again. Not that it wouldn't have mattered; the past few days have been hectic, and I'm currently physically recuperating a bit. I'll get my advance in tonight, along with supplies and such. My apologies with this landing at the last minute at such. And I will be at the session.

*double-post*

A rather late (and unexciting; it's a final point in spellcasting) advance!

EDIT: Okay, maybe more exciting than first thought. In exchange for the gold and equipment everyone got, Relian wound up purchasing a new spell! Also Waddles is now an armored wombat (and technically has better defenses then his master, now).

RELIAN GRIMBACK - Novice Human Druid

AGILITY d4: Fighting d6

SMARTS d8: Spellcasting d12, Knowledge (Wilderness) d8, Notice d6, Survival d6, Tracking d6, Healing d4

STRENGTH d6: [none]

SPIRIT d8: Persuasion d4

VIGOR d6: [none]

DERIVED: Pace 6, Parry 6 (5 + 1 Weapon), Toughness 7 (5 + 2 Armor [1 vs Improved Hits]), Charisma 0

HINDRANCES: Curious (Major), All Thumbs (Minor), Loyal (Minor)

BACKGROUND EDGES: Arcane Background (Magic)

POWER EDGES: Power Points

WEIRD EDGES: Beast Master

==== POWERS ====

•SUNRAY (Bolt w/ Light & Solar Trappings) [1pp; 12/24/48Rng] - A highly-concentrated and accurate beam of sunlight which can sear through weak-points in a target's armor. Does 2d4 damage per each ray (up to three), or can fire a maximized ray that does 3d4 for 2pp. All rays have AP4.

•RAPID REPOSE (Healing w/ Biological Trapping) [3pp] - Kicks the target's natural healing processes into overdrive, causing it to naturally rebuild lost or damaged tissue and purge toxins within seconds. Heals 1 wound on success, and an additional wound with a raise.

•YARREN'S BATSIGHT (Darksight w/ Biological & Sound Trappings) [1pp/1hr] - Greatly enhances the recipient's hearing and grants them a form of echolocation not unlike that of a bat. In addition to normal effects of Darksight, it also provides a +1 bonus to hearing-based Notice rolls (+3 with a raise). However, sonic and sound-based attacks and hazards get a +2 bonus against the recipient as well.

•VITAESHIFT (Boost/Lower Trait w/ Life Trapping) [2pp; 8Rng] - Altering and shifting the flow of life energy in a target, the caster can choose to either concentrate life energy in certain areas of the target's body to enhance a certain trait, or bleed life energy from those same areas to decay a specific trait. Increases or reduces a trait one die size (two with a raise) for 3 rounds, before the target's body restores its internal balance. Multiple targets can be selected, at a cost of 1pp per additional target (maximum 5 targets). Reducing an opponent's trait elicits an opposed spirit roll by the target.

==== EQUIPMENT ====

CARRY CAPACITY: 47lbs/30lbs (1st Tier Encumbrance)

•MONEY: 148 silvers

•Spear (5lbs) - Str+d6, Parry +1, Reach 1, 2H

•Reinforced Leather (20lbs) - +2 Armor, only provides +1 Armor vs. Improved Hits, covers legs, torso, arms.

•Backpack (2lbs + 20lbs Contents)

--•Bedroll (4lbs)

--•Flint & Steel (1lbs)

--•Rope 30yrds (15lbs)

==== WADDLES THE WOMBAT ====

An ill-tempered wombat that's served as a companion for Relian for four years. It's best described as tolerating Relian and being grumpy (at-best) toward anyone else.

CharType: Extra | Status: Healthy | Wounds: None | Advances: None

Attributes: Agility d4, Smarts d6(A), Spirit d6, Strength d8, Vigor d8

Skills: Fighting d6, Notice d6, Stealth d8

Derived: Pace 4, Parry 5, Toughness 7 (6 + 1 Armor)

Special Abilities:

• Claws/Bite: Str+d4

• Armor +2: Wombats are naturally sturdy, and they utilize their cartilage-reinforced posterior to protect themselves when attacked.

• Burrowing (2''): Wombats are natural burrowers, capable of creating complex tunnels underneath the ground.

• Size -2: Wombats are about the size of a badger or a medium-sized dog.

• Small: Attackers subtract 2 from their attacks to-hit.

Inventory: Leather Wombat Armor (+1Armor)

hey i found a resource for the party's spellcasters

it's a big ol' spell list demonstrating a bunch of different ways in which powers can be modified by trappings. if any of you want to replace any of your powers with a version of the same power from this book, let me know and i'll do the needful

• 2 weeks later...

Level!

Bekora Tiquo Human Mechanic

XP: 16 (Advancement 3)

Power Points: 10/10

[spoileralt=Skills and Derivatives]

Smarts: d10

Spirit: d4

Vigor: d4

Investigation: d10

Knowledge (Engineering): d10

Knowledge (Geography): d8

Notice: d8

Repair: d10

Riding: d8

Shooting: d8

Spellcasting: d6 +d6

Streetwise: d6

Parry: 2

Toughness: 4

Charisma: +0

Pace: 5

Arcane Background (Magic): 10 PP, 3 powers

MacGyver: May improvise temporary gadgets

Scholar: +2 to two diffrent Knowledge skills

Steady Hands: Ignore unstable platform penalty; Running penalty reduced to -1

Elderly: Pace –1, –1 to Strength and Vigor die types; +5 skill points for any skill linked to Smarts

Loyal: Bekora tries to never betray or disappoint her friends

Stubborn: Bekora always wants her way

[/spoileralt]

[spoileralt=Gear]

Horse

Leather Armor

Crowbar

Hammer

20 yards of rope

Iron spikes (10)

Shortbow

Quiver

Barbed arrows 20)

[/spoileralt]

[spoileralt=Spells]

[spoileralt=Chain Lightning (custom power, based loosely on Bolt)]

Power Points: 3

Range: 12/24/48 (+special)

Duration: Instant

Trappings: Electrical arc

An electric current originates from the caster and passes through a series of enemies. A normal success hits two targets, which must be within 4 units of each other; each raise adds another target, which must be within 4 units of the previous target. All targets take 2d6 damage, and Chain Lightning ignores up to 2 points of Armour.

[/spoileralt]

[spoileralt=Summon Elemental (Summon Ally)]

Power Points: 3+

Trappings: Creates an elemental servant under the control of the caster.

[spoileralt=Lightning Wisp (Novice Rank lightning elemental)]

Attributes: Agility d12, Smarts d4, Spirit d8, Strength d4, Vigor d4

Pace: 10, Parry: 6(+2), Toughness: 4

Skills: Fighting d8

Special Abilities

Elemental: Having no discernible body parts, the lightning wisp normally suffers no additional damage from called shots. It is also immune to fear, intimidation, disease and poison.

Assault and Battery: The lightning wisp can batter itself against enemies to shock them. Treat this as a natural weapon inflicting Str+d4 damage. Anything that strikes the wisp with an unarmed attack, makes a successful grapple attempt, or otherwise touches it with an unprotected body part also automatically takes damage as if struck by this attack.

Hover: The lightning wisp levitates several feet above surfaces and is therefore unaffected by most terrain. It can also hover across any gap that it can cover in a single turn's movement.

Capacitance: The lightning wisp is animated by electrical energy. A very powerful shock can short it out, but lesser currents only energise it. It effectively has Improved Arcane Resistance against electrical attacks (+4 Toughness and +4 bonus to opposed rolls). In addition, any electrical damage that fails to inflict at least a Shaken result on the elemental will cause it to recover from Shaken status if it was already Shaken.

Small (Size -2): The lightning wisp is a pulsating orb that grows no more than one foot in diameter. All attacks against it suffer a -2 penalty, giving it an effective Parry of 8 against melee attacks and meaning that missile attacks must roll a 6 or better to hit at short range.

[/spoileralt]

[/spoileralt]

[spoileralt=Charge (Smite, modified with increased range and PP cost)]

Power Points: 3 per target

Trappings: Charges a weapon with electricity

Increases the target weapon's damage by +2, or +4 with a raise. May affect up to five targets.

[/spoileralt]

[/spoileralt]

More power!

Leila Rithorn, Elvish Necromancer

Experience: 16

Agility: d6

Riding: d6

Stealth: d4

Spellcasting: d8

Investigation: d6

Knowledge (Arcane): d8

Spirit: d8

Persuasion: d8

Pace: 6''

Parry: 6

Toughness: 5

Charisma: 2

Hindrances:

Cautious (Minor)

Quirk (Minor)

Wanted (Major)

Edges:

Arcane Background (Magic)

Necromancer

Attractive

Power Points

for the record i still need calendar entries from dinti and nalyd

you don't have to rush too much -- judging by last session's calendar there's a good chance we won't be able to schedule another session until january in any case -- but please fill it in when you can

+Healing

+Swimming

Jered

Human

Audacious Hunter

XP: 16

Spirit: d6

Strength: d6

Shooting: d10

Stealth: d8

Survival: d8

Tracking: d8

Healing: d8

Swimming: d6

Climbing: d4

Parry: 4

Toughness: 6 (5 base, 1 armour)

Charisma: -2 (+0 vs humans)

Pace: 6

Edges:

Woodsman

Alertness

Hindrances:

Curious

Illiterate

Outsider

Gear:

Dagger

Bow

Leather armour

Quiver

Barbed arrows (17-ish?)

20 yards of rope

3 silver coins (?)

Backstory/Personality:

A lanky human barely out of his teens, Jered is a hunter who spends his time wandering the uncivilized patches of Eressos searching for game. His visits to Port Jynt and the island's other villages for trade are brief. The townsfolk view him with disdain and suspicion. He's not only a human, but a boorish, uncivilized one at that. For his part, Jered has little regard for the niceties of society, and is more than happy to trade the narrow streets for the wide open sky.

Those willing to put up with him find him frank and carefree, albeit rash. But his insatiable wanderlust means he's never among company for long. It would have to take some momentous event for that to change.

So that's like a 75% chance you can make it. OK, I'll risk it. Session tentatively scheduled for Friday December 27th -- everyone try to keep Saturday December 28th open as well, so that if something comes up at the last minute (like Nalyd getting called into work) we can just reschedule to the next day.

Sure you do! It's right here! :p

Short Version: He gets the Healer edge.

Long Version:

RELIAN GRIMBACK - Novice Human Druid

AGILITY d4: Fighting d6

SMARTS d8: Spellcasting d12, Knowledge (Wilderness) d8, Notice d6, Survival d6, Tracking d6, Healing d4

STRENGTH d6: [none]

SPIRIT d8: Persuasion d4

VIGOR d6: [none]

DERIVED: Pace 6, Parry 6 (5 + 1 Weapon), Toughness 7 (5 + 2 Armor [1 vs Improved Hits]), Charisma 0

HINDRANCES: Curious (Major), All Thumbs (Minor), Loyal (Minor)

BACKGROUND EDGES: Arcane Background (Magic)

POWER EDGES: Power Points

WEIRD EDGES: Beast Master, Healer

==== POWERS ====

•SUNRAY (Bolt w/ Light & Solar Trappings) [1pp; 12/24/48Rng] - A highly-concentrated and accurate beam of sunlight which can sear through weak-points in a target's armor. Does 2d4 damage per each ray (up to three), or can fire a maximized ray that does 3d4 for 2pp. All rays have AP4.

•RAPID REPOSE (Healing w/ Biological Trapping) [3pp] - Kicks the target's natural healing processes into overdrive, causing it to naturally rebuild lost or damaged tissue and purge toxins within seconds. Heals 1 wound on success, and an additional wound with a raise.

•YARREN'S BATSIGHT (Darksight w/ Biological & Sound Trappings) [1pp/1hr] - Greatly enhances the recipient's hearing and grants them a form of echolocation not unlike that of a bat. In addition to normal effects of Darksight, it also provides a +1 bonus to hearing-based Notice rolls (+3 with a raise). However, sonic and sound-based attacks and hazards get a +2 bonus against the recipient as well.

•VITAESHIFT (Boost/Lower Trait w/ Life Trapping) [2pp; 8Rng] - Altering and shifting the flow of life energy in a target, the caster can choose to either concentrate life energy in certain areas of the target's body to enhance a certain trait, or bleed life energy from those same areas to decay a specific trait. Increases or reduces a trait one die size (two with a raise) for 3 rounds, before the target's body restores its internal balance. Multiple targets can be selected, at a cost of 1pp per additional target (maximum 5 targets). Reducing an opponent's trait elicits an opposed spirit roll by the target.

Sorry for not posting sooner. Holidays have been surprisingly hectic. Will be at the session!

Erm... so, I just had a slight scheduling conflict come up. And by "slight scheduling conflict", I mean "had a board meeting at 8:30 in the freaking evening abruptly dropped on him that he can't do anything about". I won't be able to attend on the 8th at all. :(

Since this has kind of come up last minute, and Relian's been fairly quiet, you can put him on auto-pilot for this session, if rescheduling would be too much of a pain. I'm sorry for the trouble, here; I only just found out about this myself.

Erm... so, I just had a slight scheduling conflict come up. And by "slight scheduling conflict", I mean "had a board meeting at 8:30 in the freaking evening abruptly dropped on him that he can't do anything about". I won't be able to attend on the 8th at all. :(

Since this has kind of come up last minute, and Relian's been fairly quiet, you can put him on auto-pilot for this session, if rescheduling would be too much of a pain. I'm sorry for the trouble, here; I only just found out about this myself.

To be honest, I've been very busy lately myself and I could probably use the extra prep time. Looking at the calendar, the 9th, 15th, 17th and 18th are all possible dates (subject to some people's schedules not being fully worked out yet), so if we can reschedule to any of those dates I'm fine with postponing the session.