Administration privileges required Nethergate

Ok, I pulled out the Nethergate disk to install it. I'd finally tried the demo downloaded elsewhere, surprizingly I liked the Roman Celt bit thought I didn't expect to & remembered I received one is a premium when I bought a lot other other stuff. I've had the problem before installing a Spiderweb software game from disk. I fire it up. It politely informs me that Administrative privileges are required. I'm in an adminstrator account--I set them all up that way for convenience in case something goes terribly wrong & I need to sally to the rescue, print out of How To Fix This from the manual on the desk beside me. (OS 10.6.8, mac intel chip in case it matters) I go to the accounts section, unlock the account so changes can be made. I go back to the program disk & try again. It politely informs me that Adminsitrative privileges are required. There's a trick to this that I've forgotten. Please, Please, somebody tell the little Keet what it is.

Small, feathered, & irked at its own absentmindedness,

Keet

I found your answer for this in the tech support columns after I posted the start of this thread. The problem is, neither the answer placed as a rough fix worked (the Option key didn't kick our the capacity on the menu to do what I had to do to fix the file once it was off the disk & on the desktop). I used Pacifier to get into it so that wasn't the end of the earth. However, the line of code to be changed was already in the format it was to be changed to. I read further & someone else had tried changing another line. I tried that. It didn't work either. ::flexes tiny gray scalely feet with minute claws:: I have a talent for having things like this happen to me.

So, Randomizer, I figure I'll d/l the thing again, install it & politely ask for a new Passcode, while gently waiving my pesky, Noninstalling disk. About how long will getting the new password/passcode/whatever the nomenclature of the day is take?

Keet

::loops the loop cheerfully:: He got to me on Friday and I am merry trip stumbling & falling around in Celtic-Roman Britain. Managed to wander into a place that had undead at the exit. I wasn't familiar enough with the traits yet to use the Character editor to move me out & then set me back to my lower levels, so I started over. Fun fun fun!

Keet