Sign in to follow this  
Mistah Q

[spoiler] Do you get to kill Zhethron?

Just played through most of the demo.

So far there's only one thing motivating me to want to buy the game: Do you get to kill Zhethron, and do you need to serve it for too long beforehand? I really can't stand the dragon's sense of entitlement nor attitude, and I would take great pleasure (and maybe so would Sevilin?) in slaying it.

Welcome to the forums. :)

No, unfortunately you don't get to kill Zhethron and you do have to help him quite a few times, On the bright side there is another Dragon which you can kill.

Thanks for the welcome. I played Exile III: Ruined World a LONG time ago off a shareware disc collection, so I was kind of surprised to come across Avadon - I'd fogotten about SW for a while there. I'm also kind of bummed that I missed out on the humble pack by a few days, but there you have it.

Sad I can't kill Zhethron, now I'll have to give this a bit of a think!

There vare 2 other dragons you can pummel and at least 1 drake so plenty to get kill dra*-addiction fixed.

I believe there is just one other dragon, unless I missed something very big and scaly!!

Most of your missions have nothing to do with Zhethron. It's just a few that do.

—Alorael, who finds the dragon's naked entitlement refreshing in the phase of Avadon's widely acknowledged but not so baldly stated accumulation of power.

This is one of the reasons I really like Avadon, despite its flaws: it is a about maintaining a shaky federation using realpolitik. Liking or not liking a powerful ally's attitude is extremely low on the priority hierarchy.