Resolution Problem? RESOLVED

Jerakeen

I'm having a problem that looks similar to what is described here:

Blank screen for some games after Windows 7 rebuild

With several key differences. It's only with AEFTP; Avadon etc. are working fine. And I'm on a Mac. And I didn't rebuild or change anything. There was a power failure while I was away from home for a few days—that's the only thing I can think of. When I got back and restarted, I found that my resolution had somehow changed itself to 800 x 600, so I changed it back to 1024 x 768.

I open the application and get a black screen with just the message "out of range" and something like 78.2 kHz and 95 Hz. Switching the display resolution doesn't solve the problem. The instructions call for 1024 x 600, which is not an option, but I've never had a problem before. I tried to grab a screen shot but weirdly, the shots all turned out to show the actual game screens rather than the black that I'm looking at—I can use sound cues to select options and open saved games, but since I can't see...

I restarted and even reinstalled, to no avail. Also, I'm a complete ignoramus who knows nothing about video cards or drivers or what have you. Here's some info on my computer:

Hardware Overview:

Machine Name: Mac mini

Machine Model: PowerMac10,1

CPU Type: PowerPC G4 (1.2)

Number Of CPUs: 1

CPU Speed: 1.42 GHz

L2 Cache (per CPU): 512 KB

Memory: 1 GB

Bus Speed: 167 MHz

Boot ROM Version: 4.8.9f1

Serial Number: YM5155R5RHU

System Software Overview:

System Version: Mac OS X 10.4.11 (8S165)

Kernel Version: Darwin 8.11.0

Boot Volume: MAC MINI

ATI Radeon 9200:

Chipset Model: ATY,RV280

Type: Display

Bus: AGP

VRAM (Total): 32 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x5962

Revision ID: 0x0001

ROM Revision: 113-xxxxx-116

Displays:

VGA Display:

Resolution: 1024 x 768 @ 60 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Not Supported

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported

Rotation: Supported

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Not that I know a great deal about computers, but there is a mode you can go where you can basically go back to the day before you installed that critical rebuild. I had to do that for one computer that had viruses and it lessened the magnitude. What happens is the computer is the same but things you did such as installations are different. Just save your save files that you want to keep. This is just 1 way of dealing with Windows craziness.