[SPOILERS] My Little Pony the Movie: Equestria Girls.

Trenton.

Yes! It's a pony thread! Because those have gone so well here! Also, there have been way too little threads lately, and I'm not here much. So, yay!

Filled with Spoilers, so, beyond this point, read at your own risk :p

logo_equestriagirls.png

Thoughts? I like it.

At first, I was skeptical when I heard about this, much like everyone else. I kind of trusted the producers after three seasons enough to know how awesome Twilight being princessenated was going to be. But humans? That kind of threw me off. However, I was willing to give them a chance. And boy, did I not regret it.

First of all, Let's jump into the story line. Ponies in the beginning. So you can just ease into it. It just doesn't blast, HEY, HUMANS, HANDS! HOLY CRAP! right at the beginning. It has the same animation, in case anyone was worrying that the pony was going to be crappy. The Synopsis? Twilight Sparkle has to head into a different world after her crown was stolen and was almost replaced by a cheap knock off.

fake+crown.jpg

I mean seriously. That doesn't even look anything like Twilight's Element of harmony. Where did she get that? It looked like it was carved out of wood.

And so there she is, standing before a portal, ready to go in. The twist? Her friends can't go with her! Oh my gosh! There's no way we could have known that before hand :o Apparently it would break the universe or something if too many people go through, so she strikes it alone. Except for Spike who couldn't bear for her to bear it alone. This is only the what, First 20 minutes?

And then there are the outfits.

Equestria_Girls_-_Mane_6_Designs.png

My opinion? I like them. They aren't too revealing ((You perverts)), They aren't too bland. They go with each characters personality. The only thing that bugged me about their design, is their legs. Seriously, they're like spiders.

The music...

Holy. Freaking. Crap.

The music was amazing, and fabulous. "Help Twilight Win the Crown" rivals Winter Wrap up in Catchyness. See also "Strange New World", "This is our Big Night", and "Time to Come Together" I don't know what I was expecting, but this is on par with Hasbro's usual awesome music. Maybe even a bit better.

I'm just going to drop this right here. [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DznQg08lMDc[/media]

And then there are the background ponies. We have DJ-PON3

DJ_Pon3_DJing_EG.png

Secondary Characters the CMC

CMC_Dancing.png

And a variety of others. Hell, Derpy even showed up a few times!

And then the ending... Wow.

1004039_374765242635434_1930864528_n.jpg

That uh... I pretty much had my jaw open the whole time this scene was playing. Hey there, Demon Sunset Shimmer. You have the power to throw fireballs? That's pretty cool. Please don't eat my soul?

And then Twilight SParkle leaves her new friends forever to go back to Equestria. Nah, I'm sure she returns to hang out every month.

I was also kind of annoyed at how Rainbow Dash suddenly knew how to fly... Seriously, she had legs her whole life.

And in the mortal words of Spike the Dragon Dog, "That's what's weird about all this? A talking dog?"

He has a point actually.

That's pretty much it. Post thoughts, discussions, or whatever. I gave my review.

This is pretty obviously a thread about ponies/involving ponies/created with magical pony dust. The title includes the word "pony", and the first full sentence is "This is a pony thread!". With that in mind, if you don't like ponies, particularly animated ones - and that's fine, neither do I - then you shouldn't feel the need to post in a thread like this. It doesn't add anything constructive or interesting.

The only thing that bugged me about their design, is their legs. Seriously, they're like spiders.

I gotta admit, I was expecting humans that... actually looked human-like. It looks like the Mane Six got teleported to the world of Arthur instead of a human world.

But it's not like Dikiyoba is even remotely the target audience, so whatever.

Hell, Derpy even showed up a few times!

Huh, I didn't notice her. I'm bad at spotting background characters though. Did Doctor Whooves make an appearance as well?

Nah, I'm sure she returns to hang out every month.

The portal only opened every 2.5 years. :p

Also, it's outdated now that the movie is out, but this was hilarious.

Equestria_Girls_-_Mane_6_Designs.png

I was reading the first post until I got to the above picture and saw what looks like MTV's My Little Pony, 16 and Pregnant. I hope the show works out and that they lower the animation for the dresses from starting at the breast line down to the waist line so they don't look pregnant, unless that is what the show is going for. Than power to them.

and I don't see the Arthur resemblance.

Eh, it's just that they're both examples of really, really anthropomorphized animals. There's just too much MLP pony left in them to be human. They still have the same skin, the same hair, the same eyes, the same face shape (just flattened with the snout transformed into the nose), the torsos are very similar, and the legs have the same flared shape. The only real difference is the arms and the lack of a tail.

Dikiyoba.