A slowpoke finally starts playing Geneforge 2

Almost a year after I played and finished Geneforge, I've now started playing Geneforge 2. Still just on the first map, but I've started, and I'm ready to experience what the story is for this one :)

Just thought I should share this highly interesting piece of news here, since I have a tendency to let my (freakishly) huge game backlog overwhelm me. Perhaps this post puts some preassure on the short term memory to not procrastinate any longer. I loved the first one, and according to Steam I used a little over 80 hours to play through it. Let's see how Geneforge 2 fares timewise :)

Greetings from Tridon

Master of Should've-done

King of Procrastination

Lord of Lazy

Its probably another 80 hours of life :) . I wish you good luck on your play through of G2. It is my favorite out of the entire series.

EDIT: I would like to point a few more things. When starting the game, put points in Parry. Parry is very powerful in this game, and will keep the monster from hitting you :p . Though it can get a little stale after a while, so it would depend on how easy you want to make it on yourself. Putting 10-14 points in Parry would make the game extremely easy, while putting maybe 8 is adequate. I'm not sure what class you are, but if you are a shaper, I recommend going for magic shaping, and make an army of Vlish.

And put points into Mech and Leadership early on. You won't regret it. :) . Also, one more thing. Take into note that using canisters in this game has a penalty. I think its when you use more than 8 canisters you get an alternate ending. I have never tried it in G2, so I don't know what it is. Though I believe its one of the weaker endings.

From what I've gathered from reading other people's posts and whatnot all canister-heavy endings are some variant of killing almost everyone you meet whom finally checks up on Drypeak. While you die in the end at least you take out half of the Shaper army first :D

Um...

Not really. The canisters do have an effect on the ending, but it's not that dramatic. The decisions you make and people you help or hurt during the game have much more influence on the ending.

Feel free to use the spoiler tag when revealing the ending or other plot lines in this thread :p

And put points into Mech and Leadership early on. You won't regret it. :) .

I'm playing as a Guardian. I fell in love with mechanic skill in the first game, and plan to use/abuse it in this game as well :) I'm still slightly amazed how much atmosphere and sense of immersion these games deliver, in contrast to the myth that graphics (and music) is all and everything.

I'm playing as a Guardian. I fell in love with mechanic skill in the first game, and plan to use/abuse it in this game as well :) I'm still slightly amazed how much atmosphere and sense of immersion these games deliver, in contrast to the myth that graphics (and music) is all and everything.

And what's fun is when you spend at least 3 skill pts in mechanics early in the game, it is so awesome. Jeff will pamper you early in the game, which makes it much more easier. Leadership is quite useful too, to convince people to do what you want. Luck is not as much useful as those two. I don't spend points on luck. I only add points to it in Avernum 3. In there, when you receive a lethal blow; bringing your health below 0, you receive a message saying "-insert name here- lucks out!!!" and then you fortunately cheat death :p

-----

-Nightwatcher

When I played the first Geneforge, I did a lot of research beforehand, and carefully tried to avoid doing "mistakes". This time around I'm running more blindly (except that I've understood that parry is great, along with mech and leadership as in the first game). I think I'll roleplay as a shaper, without too much respect for creations. It will be fun to see where this goes =)