A5 Character creation

Zalman

Ive just finished A4 and enjoyed it so much that I decided to plunge into A5 too, even though with my playstyle its redicilously time consuming.

I want to make the best party possible to help me through the game at hard difficulty, are there any guides for creating characters, skills etc?

Yes I realize theres no one best way, I was hoping to change my previous setup of soldier/meatshield - pole/tool guy - priest/archer - pure mage. but that seems to have worked best for me. I guess I will just go with that, allowed me to tank heavy damage, do heavy damage at range and enough tool use to open all locks.

• 2 months later...

Yes I realize theres no one best way, I was hoping to change my previous setup of soldier/meatshield - pole/tool guy - priest/archer - pure mage. but that seems to have worked best for me. I guess I will just go with that, allowed me to tank heavy damage, do heavy damage at range and enough tool use to open all locks.

I find that this is the party set up I use for every game. Not sure how I feel about that...

I'd say, for A5, you need to be able to do a TON of damage, because a lot of enemies just have gallons of HP, more so in this game than any other version it seems, you really need to focus on killing things. I feel like I've gimped myself in the first play through by trying to get neat stuff like defense, hardiness, etc.

It depends upon the difficulty level. For hard and torment difficulty some players try to hold off on using skill points for skills that can be trained using money and then increasing those skills.

Getting defense and dexterity to 6 to unlock parry can be very useful for a fighter to avoid getting hit. Hardiness is a way to reduce damage. Especially in long boss fights where you want to reduce damage that you take when the monsters won't die quickly. After the game's beginning it gets harder to kill monsters quickly even if you concentrate on damage.