10 AP worth -12 armor and -2 strength?

Basically, I just found "Smite", and its presence means I can now give two characters in my party 10 action points, allowing 2 attacks. I ideally would have liked both of the characters to be spellcasters, since they wouldn't be bothered by any of the strength penalties, but since one of the items is a rather bulky breastplate, I can't easily do so.

So, I am considering throwing it onto my pure melee character. If I do, he loses 12% armor and 2 Strength points. My assumption is that the strength penalty will be heavily outweighed by the second attack...is this right?

I do also have a Mage-Knight character in the party, who might also take this, but the Strength penalty would affect him too. Also, his current breastplate provides a small bonus to magical damage(it's not the primary use of his spells but it does help his versatility when I need it) whereas the team's tank doesn't get anything worth writing home about from his breastplate.

In general having extra actions is great. If you are worried about loss of to hit then give it to a priest so you can get extra healing since most priest attack spells aren't as good as a mage.

By late in the game you usually can hit even with penalties.

And a priest casting multiple divine retributions in a round can quickly do some serious damage to a lot of enemies... Grah-Hoth's summons drop like flies.