Buff to "blessings/curses you cause"?

There are several items in the game that say "+XX% to blessings/curses you cause." I'm not exactly clear on what this applies to. The only spell I recall that specifically mentions being a "blessing" is the priest spell War Blessing. What other blessings can one cause that would benefit from these items? I was wondering if things like Haste and Protection fall in this category, but they don't seem to in my testing. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

As for curses, "curses you cause" also seems kind of vague to me. For instance, say I have a mage equipped with a few items to buff blessings/curses that casts Cloak of Curses. My melee fighter (with NO blessing/curse buff items) then strikes an opponent and inflicts a curse on him via the cloak spell. My mage only indirectly caused the curse since my fighter actually inflicted it, so does the curse get buffed or not?

No, but some spells inflict curses as ancillary effects. Haste and Protection do fall into that category, but the effect of the bonus is only a very slight increase in duration, which may be rounded out of existence.

In other words, bonuses to curses/blessings really aren't good for much.

those increase buffs duration and effect, due those random duration its not easy to see if there's difference (few times 1 or 2 chars lost some buff after 1st turn or 2nd turn while others still buffs).

some spells like lvl 3 lightning spray can cause curse so I think those duration and effect are increased not curses done by cloak of curses.