3D Editor Bug?

BainIhrno

I can reproduce such a crash with r91; I'm looking into why it happens now. It doesn't crash if the first thing I do is creating an Area Description, but it does if I already had an Area Description selected and I create another, or if I add one, delete it, and then add another. I have the bad feeling that this is my fault; something to do with wiring up the undo code.

EDIT: I found the problem; a pointer was being initialized to a garbage value due to a typo. This actually affects every undo record of a change which alters a string, not just area descriptions, so I think I'm going to bump the version number to 1.3.1 and make a bugfix release.

EDIT 2: It turns out that undo was completely broken for creating and deleting area descriptions anyway. I think I have it fixed, but I made enough changes that I want to take another look at it in the morning (when I trust myself to think a bit more clearly) before I check it in. If it still looks okay then, I'll proceed with the release. (There's also a QOI issue with the description strings for creating and deleting objects and how they change when moved between the undo and redo stacks that I just noticed, but rather than risk breaking stuff that works, in an ugly way, in an attempt to make it pretty, I think I'll leave it alone for now.)

Edited by Niemand

(Bump)

The bug should be fixed and version 1.3.1 is released. Use the 'Check for Updates...' menu item and you should be able to download it directly.

Tridash: The same bugs will need to be fixed in the Windows version as well; I'll try to see to it later today, but I thought I'd mention it in writing here in case I forget.