Geneforge Let's Play!

Hey, I'm new. I just signed up to say that I really like your Let's Play. I enjoy how you try to make the different NPCs sound different.

Good luck with your Geneforge 2 playthrough. I don't have much advice to give. I've played through it, once as a Guardian, and once as a Shaper. Next time I will play as a an Agent.

Hey man, just thought I'd say that I think your LP is the best one of the game on youtube from the ones I've seen. I love the voices you do and your commentary about the little things you notice, like how the shapers are actually properly cautious with their work compared to nearly every other magical group in gaming. Also, voicing that girl poking the Ornk and the Ornk "moo"ing instead of reading the description of it just made my friggin' day when I saw it.

Not sure if you've answered this, but what's your plan for canisters going forward? Do you plan on doing minimum canisters, or all-out?

I appreciate the comments. My actual goal when making this LP was to provide a more analytical approach as opposed to overly comedic, while at the same time indulging the actor bug in me with reading the voices. I'm glad to see that people are enjoying this!

As to how I plan on doing cannisters in the future? I only have an idea for what I plan on G5. G2-G4, I'm not sure yet (Though at least one will be a full-on cannister addict, just to show what happens.).

Also, have another episode. Don't worry guys, I WILL be coming back when I'm stronger.

As to how I plan on doing cannisters in the future? I only have an idea for what I plan on G5. G2-G4, I'm not sure yet (Though at least one will be a full-on cannister addict, just to show what happens.).

That's a tough decision. I think the only of those 3 games in which canister overuse doesn't net you a worse ending is G2 if you don't go loyalist. An interesting choice would be to go for a Barzite canister addict, I don't believe any LP exists that goes that route. However, in G2 Canisters and training have this really glitchy relationship where you need to use the canisters last or they take away a potential training level, so you'd wind up passing up on canisters and then going on a mad canister hunt, which hardly fits the addict role...

Also there's the issue that barzites are the most unlikable power-crazy maniacs I've ever seen, and you seem to base the faction you pick on what you feel is right (much like what I do). I suppose you could use the logic I've seen done for G3 and G4, Shaper in the former, Rebel (and thus Canister addict) in the latter, the logic being "Whatever my player character's faults, I won't add 'traitor' to that list".

Honestly, tricky decision, and I'm interested to see what you decide :)

(Though at least one will be a full-on cannister addict, just to show what happens.)

Awesome, I've never played an actual canister addict playthrough. Sounds like much fun! And yeah, you're LP is definitely the best I've seen on Youtube. I think it even surpassed Mal's LP of G1 (no offense Mal :p ). Please keep up the good work, and make sure to treat yourself every once and while :D .

~RainbowDashRaidical

...and you seem to base the faction you pick on what you feel is right (much like what I do). I suppose you could use the logic I've seen done for G3 and G4, Shaper in the former, Rebel (and thus Canister addict) in the latter, the logic being "Whatever my player character's faults, I won't add 'traitor' to that list".

Pretty close to what I choose, except even then, sometimes if nobody's good I don't pick a side unless I'm forced. One thing I do remember is that in G3 I would end up siding with the rebels for one island, then the Shapers on the other island. Do things according to what seems right, not according to what side you're on because even your own side can do things you really don't agree with.

Pretty close to what I choose, except even then, sometimes if nobody's good I don't pick a side unless I'm forced. One thing I do remember is that in G3 I would end up siding with the rebels for one island, then the Shapers on the other island. Do things according to what seems right, not according to what side you're on because even your own side can do things you really don't agree with.

Yeah, I went Shaper, but I managed to avoid being racist to creations by going all "I'M GOING TO KILL YOU MANIACS!" towards Litalia in the beginning of the game (for honestly quite understandable reasons) to get some pro-shaper points and then emphasizing my advocacy of societal order, while avoiding any questions about servile rights.

So, I have a problem...

One of my recording sessions, it turns out, has wonky sound. The game sounds are very loud, while my voice was recorded so softly it can barely be heard. The only good news is that it only covered one area, and the end part of another. Unfortunately, I have no idea what I'm going to do about this. Especially because it's the next upload I was going to do.

And re-recording isn't an option.

Do you ever go into the Power Core...I remember last time, that area made me very angry. I had to take break for almost an entire day it made me that angry. I hated that area... :sick: .

Oh, and thanks for the bonus video :)

Oh I go into it. I never go THROUGH it beyond the short bit you saw me walk in and realize "I'm not getting any good distance through this with my creations intact", but I did step in.

Its a necessary area if you want to complete the Servant Mind's crystal collecting quest at the Power Station. Also has lots of Shaper Equipment for the Junkyard serviles, so you get lots of coins. I forget what rewards you get from the servant mind, but I believe they are canisters

EDIT: Oh yeah, I remember...there are three canisters you get: Strength, Mass Energize, and Create Battle Alpha. (I actually had to look this up :sleep: )

In my opinion, its not worth the trouble you go through :rolleyes:

There's not too many more areas left until you reach the Sholai lands :) . I wish you luck. Having the Taker amulet of course makes it much easier to travel there. Thus, which is the reason I always milk each sect of their benefits in this game. I usually end up joining the Obeyers in the end, because by that time, I've pissed off the other two sects by killing their leaders :p .

~RainbowDashRadical

How I made it through this area without making a single pokemon joke I have no idea...

Also, got about 6 and a half hours of recorded footage left, so I'm going to start playing Geneforge 2 once I get the house all to myself for a while, just so I can build up a backlog with minimal waiting for new episodes. That's actually part of why I only do one a day... since I have no idea when my next recording session will be, I like to make sure I have enough backlog to last a while, just in case.

Luck affects many things actually. It gives armor bonuses. Each point of luck raises chance to hit by 1%. And it affects several resistances (though I have no idea which ones) Every 2 points in luck raises armor by 1. And if you talk to Dig you can by points of luck for 500 coins. Geneforge 1 is the only game in the series where you can actually buy points for money. (Go figure). I have once bought all 30 points in it, and it helped a LOT. Oh, and it was once said that luck affects item drops, but that theory was supposedly disproved a while ago.

Oh and its totally possible to get past the bridges :) . You just have to have a good build. I think you should be strong enough at this point. Either way, going through the bridges is a painful process as you have reaper turret, submissions turrets, Mage sholai casting essence orbs at you. And those darn Augmented Sholai. But its very rewarding in the end.

~RainbowDashRadical

Hostile effect resistance mean that it does 10% resistance to ALL resistances. That means Fire, Ice, Acid, Posion, Energy, everything... The reflecting shield is definitely useful. Though I am not sure what shield you had equipped. There are better shields. Nice play through :) .

Really? I'm surprised. Here I thought it only granted resisted to status effects like Daze, Fear, and so forth. Didn't think it added to elemental resistance as well! I'll have to rethink things in the future...

Ah well. In the meantime, have another video. Oh yes, and I imagine you guys will be quite interested in the next videos...

You raised Leadership up higher than you needed to. 15 is waay too much. 12 is like themaximum you need in almost any Geneforge game. . Even mechanics you could've gotten by with lower. 12-12 is good balance for both mechanics and leadership Keep this in mind while playing Geneforge 2. With Shaper crypt, basically there is an endless stream of monster. So they never stop spawning no matter how many you kill. However, it is your ultimate source of experience since the monsters give nice experience for late game players.

All in all, you can call the Shaper Crypt the bonus level of Geneforge :) . And indeed, the rewards in the "Inner Crypt" is good. Especially since you get the best item in the game.

Btw where did you get that stone-key thing to go to the inner crypt?

There's two of them, and you'll find a hint given by someone somewhere. As for precisely where? Dropped by two creatures labled "Crescent [namehere]". As for where they are? I forget specifically... check my earlier vids, and you'll see.

And by this point, one of the main themes of Geneforge is really hammered in.

Also, I appologize for the awkward near the end. Someone came home and the sound of them moving around the house got picked up by the mic. Nothing was missed, that area just had lots of pylons and little in the way of items of use.