Geneforge Let's Play!

Yeah I know it's a doublepost, but screw it, I'm the one doing this Let's Play! And Vakkiri... was a long one, compared to the earlier areas. I'll post them below.

[media]

[/media]

[media]

[/media]

[media]

[/media]

[media]

[/media]

Oh yeah and subscribe and comment and like and blah blah blah all that kind of standard crap. Though really I just hope to hear if I'm doing alright.

I would do a lets play and use my obvious comedy skills but Trenton has no camera or recording equipment.

Well a camera isn't needed, and the programs I'm using are free stuff. The only thing I would have had to buy was my microphone, and I already had a headset. Cheap and maybe not the best quality, but hey, it's something.

Oh? I have a microphone. What do you mean no camera? Is there a kind of software that lets you record stuff?

Yes. Software like VirtualDub or PlayClaw can be used to record video and audio directly from your computer.

Actually, Chessrook, I'd be interested to know just what recording software you're using.

Yes. Software like VirtualDub or PlayClaw can be used to record video and audio directly from your computer.

Actually, Chessrook, I'd be interested to know just what recording software you're using.

I've been using a program called Open Broadcaster Software to record, and Windows Movie Maker to edit.

....stop laughing. I don't have money to throw about to buy programs nowadays due to various reasons, and I just took what free programs I could find that wouldn't dump an "Unregistered" watermark in the corner or something. Besides, the programs are free and they work for what I need, even if they're not the most robust stuff.

Thanks very much; I wasn't familiar with OBS, and I'll be looking into it for my own projects. It's difficult to find free capture software that works reliably under Windows 8.

THAT I don't know if I can help with, as I'm running Windows 7. Hopefully OBS works for what you're doing.

Oh and by the way? I got a whole bunch more recorded today, and got some more uploaded. WATCH AND ENJOY!!!

Yep, even more uploads. Also I got a question for those on the forums, regarding upgrading creations...

Does upgrading Strength improve the ranged damage of creations like Fyoras and Artila? And does dexterity affect the hit chance of the Artila's poison spit? If not, what affects these stats? Just curious due to wanting to upgrade them properly.

Gotcha, thanks. The way it had been worded I assumed Dex only affected speed and ranged hit chance, and strength only affected melee damage.

Nu-uh, in-game creation attributes(G2, G4, G5) description says that Strength increases damage for all attacks and Dexterity governs turn order, evasion, and hit chance.

Thanks very much; I wasn't familiar with OBS, and I'll be looking into it for my own projects. It's difficult to find free capture software that works reliably under Windows 8.

I would recommend Camtasia recorder, it's pretty nice or fraps. But Camtasia is much more like it. It works well with Windows 8 and it has a free 30 day trial, which, by changing time, you can use it for as many days as you want.

-Test Subject 8552

This... isn't gonna be a very good episode, I'll admit this right from the start. I was really recovering from illness so you'll hear me sniffing a fair bit. I try, but it ain't the best.

[media]

[/media]

[media]

[/media]

Well, thanks for sticking with it and giving us a video anyway!

Hey, I'm really enjoying this Let's Play. It dosen't seem like it, but please don't quit it like every other spiderweb Software Let's Play out there. Good luck

You have no idea how tempting it is to say that I've decided to stop, then point at the date and laugh. But nah, that would be too easy and predictable a joke to pull.

Besides, I've already pulled my April Fool's prank of the year! ;)

None of you guys would know about it, but still.

Yeah, thanks for sticking with us! :)

And thank YOU people for commenting on it! Seriously, your comments sustain me.... they taste of delicious strawberries. Mmmm, comments... nomnomnom...

Anyway, have another episode, wherin we have the FIRST of something that is likely to happen more sometime in the future.