How spammy have you been since UBB.

Mosquito---Slayer

Cake, fruit, and booze. Don't forget that part.

The Song of the Temperance Union, [/i]the Temperance Union']We never eat fruitcake because it has rum

And one little bite turns a man to a bum.

Bad fruitcake is bad, but good fruitcake is good. Unfortunately good fruitcake is not so easy to make. The hard part is going through all the raisins and currants to remove tiny bits of stem. The other hard part is waiting while the cake mellows. You douse it in so much alcohol that its shelf life is nearly infinite, and it's better after at least a year. Between the effort and the time and the cost of fine liquor, the cake is expensive, whether you make it yourself, or somehow find a source from which to buy. So most people get gooey sludge bad fruitcake, and don't know what they're missing.

In honor of the holiday season, I propose that we all take a break from posting spam and post fruitcake instead!

Considering that "fruitcake" has some less-than-friendly meanings, we probably shouldn't go down that road. (Talking about the cake itself is perfectly acceptable.)

Dikiyoba hasn't ever tried fruitcake, but tends not to like cakes flavored primarily with spices or liquor.

Amazing. Totally amazing. The way that food induces itself into so many threads. And then the aqua vitae begins to flow.

Now I'm hungry again.

Oh my. 'Aqua Vitae' just reminds me of a particular League of Gentlemen sketch that I probably shouldn't post. If you want to search for it though, you might look for "The Dentons, Aqua Vita - The League of Gentlemen".

Amazing. Totally amazing. The way that food induces itself into so many threads. And then the aqua vitae begins to flow.

Now I'm hungry again.

I think it's because, as Sylae showed in the graph in the posting topic, most people post around 12 to 7 pm (MDT), the time between lunch and dinner, more or less. Unless of course you eat spontaneously at random times during the day.

Speaking of which, I think it's about time I had breakfast/supper...

It wasn't really all that amazing in this thread, Triumph posted the picture of a Delicious Fruitcake totally out of the blue to prevent spam.

Which lead to spam about fruitcakes, after all it's spiderweb.

It's actually more like pouring dough down your stomach, not that it's any better. :)

It depends on how liquid your money reserves are, I would guess. If you invest all your dough in long term bonds, then you might be able to wait out the time period for both your investment and your fruitcake to mature!

A little more seriously, asking why someone would drink $30 booze is like asking why someone would eat a $30 meal. Oh, sure, you have to eat but you don't have to drink alcohol, and eating out also spares you from having to plan, get ingredients, prepare, or clean up. But you can eat out for just a few dollars. Why not just get fast food?

The idea's similar.

—Alorael, whose preferences run more to beer, though. He's never had $30 bottles of beer, but he also rarely buys beer by the handle.

Despite living in a land of great beer, my favorite beer is an American microbrew called Arrogant Bastard Ale. Its marketing is aggressively negative. It tells you bluntly that you probably won't like it. It has a point. It's rather strong in alcohol, and it is brutally heavily hopped. But if you get to like bitter, hoppy ale, then AB is a satisfyingly full realization of the inherent potential. Maybe even the Platonic form.

Chocolate would make a great currency if it didn't melt on hot days.

Dunno. Chestnut blight, Panama disease, Dutch Elm disease... there's a good reason money shouldn't grow on trees.

Dikiyoba likes raw cookie dough, often better than the baked cookie itself. But while Dikiyoba has eaten it from a glass (cookie dough milkshakes), Dikiyoba has never seen it offered in bottles.

I have it on reasonable beer snob authority that Sam Adams Utopia is really great and worth the cost. I have it on equally reasonable exclusively beer snob authority that it's not really beer and not worth any cost. I tried to secure a bottle a year or two ago but didn't manage to get one due to limited supplies and jumping on the bandwagon late, apparently.

—Alorael, who also likes raw dough. But he also eats frozen foods without bothering to thaw them. For peas it's considered odd but not unreasonable. The dumplings get him really weird looks.

Tis the season. Not that we really need a reason to drink. Look at all the booze in Jeff's games.

if on my theme i rightly think

there are five reasons why we drink

good wine, a friend, because i'm dry

or lest i should be, by and by

or any other reason why

Gentle people, this is the Spiderweb. Spontaneity reigns supreme. Insanity prevails. Topics wander off to chase rabbits (especially punny ones), and return to continue back on topic.

BTW, what is the topic of this thread, anyway?

Ah yes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anwy2MPT5RE']now[/media] I remember.