How spammy have you been since UBB.

Mosquito---Slayer

I made a list, I hope it won't lead to spam (but I don't care if it does), so here are how many posts you have made since we entered our new home (only top 25):-

Top 2-5

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Sylae 314

3. Tyranicus 277

4. Lilith 259

5. Randomizer 249

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Top 6-10

6. SoT 218

7. Actaeon 211

8. Triumph 209

9. Trenton 201

10. Aran 194

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Top 11-15

11. Nikki 189

12. Alorael 172

13. Excalibur 149

14. Dikiyoba 148

15. Earth Empires 141

Top 16-20

16. The Reincarnated Baron Van Steuben 131

17. The Reverend 121

18. Jewels >:ok 117

19. Harehunter 116

20. Jerakeen 112

Top 21-25

21. ADoS 109

22. RaustBlackDragon 81

23. Death Knight 77

24. Nalyd 76

25. Rowen 54

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for the number one, I will leave it to you guys to guess , just as a simple hint:-

Has 388 posts during this period

I have tried to make it error free but it's a manual list so well It could have a small error here and there.(again I don't care)

Interesting. I know I definitely went on a posting spree in the aftermath of the the great migration / my apotheosis to moderate coolness. I haven't had much to say recently, partly because the semester is drawing to a close and school = teh krayzxors.

Also, while I try to be custodian of the more optimal spammer quote, I don't keep up with the vigorous post stuffing cartoon. That's someone else's job. Whoever you are, get it to work and post in here in honor of the spammy bug whacker. :lol:

Interesting. I know I definitely went on a posting spree in the aftermath of the the great migration / my apotheosis to moderate coolness. I haven't had much to say recently, partly because the semester is drawing to a close and school = teh krayzxors.

Also, while I try to be custodian of the more optimal spammer quote, I don't keep up with the vigorous post stuffing cartoon. That's someone else's job. Whoever you are, get it to work and post in here in honor of the spammy bug whacker. :lol:

I second that. End of semester has understandably drawn me away from Spiderweb and given me less time to think of witty things to say when I am on here. In the aggregate, since this happens to a number of us, it means that there's less conversation at all and thus harder to spam in general. It's easier to generate a lot of conversation with a hundred people than it is with ten, and therefore the withdrawal of the college posters due to finals makes it harder on everyone.

Fortunately there are intrepid posters like mosquito-slayer to pick up our slack... Fortunately?

And please! I am the rightful custodian of the more optimal spammer quote.

I'm slipping. In just a few long years I shall have been toppled from my spammy throne and forgotten by anyone whose eyes do not bother to look past the very top of the post count rankings.

—Alorael, who should try being pithier. And more frequently pithy. Brevity is the soul of wit, and it has the added benefit that you can be brief very often for little effort!

There must be something wrong wit my eyes, for I keep seeing wit.

You keep seeing with what? Your ears? Your nose? Regardless, seeing with something other than your eyes is both impressive and very wrong.

Dikiyoba needs to be genuinely witty or interesting with this gimmick more often. Posting should be an art, not a contest.

how am i still #4, it feels like i hardly even post any more

That actually surprised me, not that you are at #4, that was sort of expected, but the fact that you were higher than Randomizer, but then I found that even Tyran was higher than Randomizer,oh well.

Fortunately there are intrepid posters like mosquito-slayer to pick up our slack... Fortunately?

My presence is very very fortunate for the forum, why the hell would you even think something else. :p

I'm slipping. In just a few long years I shall have been toppled from my spammy throne and forgotten by anyone whose eyes do not bother to look past the very top of the post count rankings.

—Alorael, who should try being pithier. And more frequently pithy. Brevity is the soul of wit, and it has the added benefit that you can be brief very often for little effort!

See my other topic, where I did a recount of the post count, based on what was currently on the board (so purged topics don't count). Randomizer already reigns supreme.

I could tell you if you gave me the name with which you went on UBB, also possibly some UBB thread you posted in.

(or maybe Sylae could tell, much easier for her)

Bard is #44, with 22 posts since the switch.

At this point I would like to remind everyone what happened when monthly spamming stats were posted, and how that brought chaos and much spam to the midst of SW as users tried to reach the top of the monthly list. In the interest of the community. keep any stats general enough that it won't result in a pissing contest. This is getting awfully close to that line.

Edited by صيلي
As much as I like stats, I'd rather have just general stats and a not-spammy SW

We could challenge people to not spam. How long can you go without posting?

I have been able to make fractious nieces keep quiet on road trips by introducing 'silent slow counting' races, where the winner would be the one who counted mentally from 1 to twenty the slowest. Astonishingly, it worked. The girls took the competition seriously and stayed silent for quite some time. Then they started arguing that the other one was cheating. She probably was. It's not an easy contest to adjudicate.

At this point I would like to remind everyone what happened when monthly spamming stats were posted, and how that brought chaos and much spam to the midst of SW as users tried to reach the top of the monthly list.

otoh it also made dolphin post a lot and she was p awesome so on balance it worked out well

Wait, Trenton is 9th! Hahaha!I would gladly recommend a few spams, because, unfortunately, topics are slowly getting dead and not a single one pops up. The only way to maintain your post count is to post a few spam, which would be bad, verrrrrrrryyyy bad.

----------

-The red-eyed phantom

whoa nightwatcher is that really you :blink:

Posting is an art. It's the art of saying very little in the minimum number of words required to obfuscate the fact that you are saying very little.

—Alorael, who uses his signature as misdirection. By the time you've finished reading it you've probably forgotten what was in the main body of the post because there was so little to remember. Having no memory, your mind supplies some nebulous idea that something was said and you come away satisfied. It's all sleight of prose.

In honor of the holiday season, I propose that we all take a break from posting spam and post fruitcake instead! It's still a notoriously disliked yet ubiquitous food, it's seasonally appropriate, it's well-suited for all who have left their sanity at the door, AND it adds a splash of color!

fruitcake.jpg?w=500