A Strange Problem with a Stairway

Bard of the Soul

Greetings,

I am finding myself with a very strange problem that doesn't make a lot of sense. I have a stairway in one town which leads into another, and then one in the other town wich leads back. Pretty standard. I have done this before a dozen times without a problem.

I set it up so that each stairway puts the party on a space with no specials. It is a forced stairway with no text boxes. When the town which serves as a the main floor is entered and then the party decends down the stirway it works fine. However, when they try to go back up they are sent to the new town and then automaticaly sent righ back to the tow they just left.

I tried moving the space that the stairway sends them to further away from the special but I still get the same responce. I have double checked the node work on both ends and everything appears to be in order.

Is this a bug that I have run accross? Or is there something that I may have missed?

Someone else would know this more thoroughly than me, but I think there is a bug that if you place a stairway node on a particular square, say (10,10), and there's a special on the corresponding space in the entry town, that is, (10,10) in the town the party is moving into, that special gets called.

Are your stairways on the same (x,y) coordinates in their respective towns?

Yes, I have the stairways on the same squairs in the different towns. If that is the issue it is rather odd because I have the same araingment between the base town and another town that works just fine.

I don't have any jump-to's, I figured that they might cause a problem so I left them out.

Just for clarification, the base town is not the starting town of the scenerio, but rather town 1 which I am connecting to town 2 and 3. It is the connection with town three that is the problem, but both connections use the exact same style of connection.

I'll check through the known bugs and see what I can find. Thank you very much.

Quote:
Originally written by Bard of the Soul:
Yes, I have the stairways on the same squairs in the different towns. If that is the issue it is rather odd because I have the same araingment between the base town and another town that works just fine.
That almost certainly is the issue. It's a bug that shows up some but not all of the time, for reasons that aren't obvious. See if moving one of the stairways helps.